Arpon spearfishing playa del carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 22 March 2014

These guys were super knowledgeable and excellent teachers. I had an amazing first time spearfishing and highly recommend Arpon. Thank you for a great day and I will be back to do it again

1  Thank Birdman5000

Reviewed 16 March 2014

hi just been to playa del carmen for a holiday ,and took a spearfishing trip with Arpon spearfishing great guys Javi and Gonzalo, great set up guaranteed fish .for beginners or pro,s ,there some great fish there .hope to return very soon. marks out of 10 .10 ,thanks guys

2  Thank crawfords969
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Was first time spearfishing so this was a great chance to learn from Javier and his team. Arpon was very responsive and professional when I reserved a time and when I met them at the departure spot. Javier and team are super fun guys and helped guide me through several hunt locations. After the hunt Javier arranged with Como Como to prepare some of the catch (a lobster and 3 fish) for me for dinner. The lobster and fish were amazing and Como Como did a terrific job with the rest of dinner.

1  Thank Hedges C
Reviewed 15 September 2013

It's now that I read the reviews that I'm finding out that you can go spearfishing at this place. All I know is the bar and the restaurant where we stopped my mother and I. We did see a boat coming and going but had no idea of the activities offered here. However, the beachfront has nothing special except that there was less people which is why we stopped there as I hate the crowds in Playa del Carmen. The waiter was, indeed, very nice. However, the prices were outrageous : 1 Margarita, 1 Pina Colada, 2 small bottles of water and one ceviche for 540 pesos, about 45 $ !!!

We just had diner at the restaurant of my very nice hôtel, the Mayan Bistro, fr few dollars more and we had a great personal pizza, alfredo pasta, 4 glasses of white wine and a bottle of water for almost the same price ! In addition, the manager offered us 2 refined little boxes of French chocolates to wish us farewell.

In addition, the toilets were so far away, it's just unbelievable ! Will not come back there !

3  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and I were in Playa del Carmen for our honeymoon and thought spear fishing sounded like a fun thing to do. We looked at a few options and are so glad we went with Javier and his team at Arpon. Neither of us had ever spear fished before and they were great at working with us and being patient as we struggled with figuring it all out. Even though there were not a whole lot of fish we had an amazing time and the guides speared some great catches for lunch. Definitely opt to go have lunch as it is one of the tastiest seafood meals around, and the price is right! Despite not having as many fish as some others seem to have had, we were stuffed when it was time to head home. Seafood doesn't get more fresh than catching it and bringing it in for the chef to prepare. Combined with friendly, relaxed, and knowledgable guides it made for a highlight of our honeymoon!

3  Thank Tyler H