“Ready for demolition”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Peterborough, Ontario
“Ready for demolition”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We always have our cappucino at Frida's, while walking on the 5th Avenue. We try to have a meal or two during our stay in Playacar.
Food is very tasty and service was good also.
Unfortunately, we heard in December and February that the restaurant was ready for demolition, due to a start of a large shopping centre. I hate to say it but the Mexican atmosphere is gradually disappearing , and start to look like Miami. Maybe good for the local people, more work opportunities !
I hope Frida's will relocate on the 5th avenue.

Kingston, Canada
“Great Nachos and Beer”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

While the wives shopped, my friend and I enjoyed sitting on the patio with beer and nachos watching the tourist walk 5th avenue.
Awesome friendly staff

Visited February 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Good Mexicain Restaurent”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were a group of 10 people and everyone enjoyed there meals with the exception of one person. Here fish was so dry she could not eat it. Also the red wine we choose was horrible but the white wine was excellent.

• Visited December 2013
NC
“Skip!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Drinks maybe but for dinner or other meal ckout other trioadvisor top choices.
My meal was cool. Hubby was just ok and could have easily been made better.
My cafe and Baileys was very good.
At times like this so glad for trioadvisor.

Lacombe, Canada
“Free Salsa - IN YOUR FACE”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My son and I happened along Frida's while walking in PDC; he was to the point of 'hangry" so while looking at the menu, we were corralled in by the host. Long wait (+40 minutes for food) and long story short, $43 CDN for an order of chips and salsa, two meat burritos, one margarita, and one sprite. The worst of it was a waiter carrying a full platter of food tripped and dropped a tray of dirty plates, one of the bowls of salsa hitting my son right about his eye and spraying someone's leftover salsa all over his shirt. It wasn't until I pointed out that he had been hit that someone even came over, and then...after apologizing profusely, my son was offered a shower (???) and in the end they comped him an ice cream, which we ended up having to wait another 15 minutes for. The food was just average. If you are looking for "authentic" Mexican food, this is not it. There is a little hole in the wall around the corner from the south Coz Ferry Dock where they make a mean burrito and you aren't required to wear your free salsa.

Visited December 2013