“Wonderful”
other travellers have booked this property
Front with private drive Large fully furnished patio with Webber gas grill.  Just steps from the shallow section of the pool
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Front with private drive
Large pool is just steps from your spacious and well furnished patio
The large, fully furnished patio is steps from the pool.  Webber gas grill, sun loungers
Large swimming pool with shallow kids area
Large pool with kids section
Night time view of the pool and patio with subtle lighting
The open plan lounge and dining area lead to the large patio and pool
Dining Room has views of the pool
Lounge, with 42' Smart TV leads to the patio and pool
Open plan lounge and dining area
Dining room with views of the pool
Dining room open plan with views of the pool
Master bedroom with private terrace overlooking pool, Jacuzzi, shower
Secluded master bedroom terrace overlooks pool
View of the pool and gardens from the master bedroom terrace
Large swimming pool with shallow kids area - view from the Master bedroom terrace
View of the pool from Master Bedroom Terrace
Night time view of the pool from the master terrace - showing the shallow kiddies area
Master en suite bathroom with shower and jacuzzi
Bedroom 2 with two double beds
Bedroom 2 has two matrimonial beds and ensuite bathroom
Ensuite bathroom for bedroom 2 with shower.
Bedroom 3 with two single beds that can also be converted to one king
Bathroom for bedroom 3 with shower
Hallway
View of the street from front door - note the coconuts..
Fully equipped kitchen with granite worktops.  All appliances for dining.  Separate laundry room
Mexican themed décor mixes with the modern style
Mexican themes mix with the modern style
These beach portable chairs are available for you to enjoy at this beach - just 5 minutes walk
Aerial view above Casa Vela - beach is 5 minutes walk, golf to the right, 5th Avenue to the left
Beautiful Playacar beach is just 5 minutes walk from Casa Vela
The main Playacar / Playa del Carmen entrance is close and convenient, but far enough to be quiet
This part of the Playacar golf course is just across the street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

FavTravel
Ottawa, Ontario
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 9 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

My husband and I, and two other couples recently returned from a wonderful 12 day stay at Casa Vela. I found it quite easy to book the condo, and the owner was quite informative and responded quickly to all my questions. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner, David, on the second day of our stay, and he was able to provide personal recommendations for restaurants to suit what we were looking for. The condo property manager, Angela, was also quite nice and helpful. Once we informed her that we planned to BBQ for dinner one night, she sent someone over to ensure the tank was full and to show me how to use it. The microwave broke down and she brought over a brand new one within a few hours.

On arrival we were so pleased to see that the condo was extremely clean and well furnished. The condo was lovely and large enough to accommodate all of us quite nicely. I wasn't sure what to expect since we normally visit all inclusive properties in the Caribbean. I was happy to see on arrival that all the amenities like dish soap, paper towels, bathroom soap, Kleenex, and toilet paper were provided. The kitchen was well equipped, and we readily found everything we needed. Each bedroom closet was also well stocked with plenty of bathroom and beach towels. The weekly cleaning was very thorough as the cleaning lady (Rosie?) worked non stop for around 5 hours!

My husband and I walked everywhere and never found the need to use a taxi. The directions provided by the owner and described in the information manual found in the condo made it easy to find the beach, the Reef Club, and 5th Avenue. It was a short hike to the beach - I estimate about a comfortable 10 minute walk. We also spent entire days by the pool as it was so nice and we mostly had it to ourselves. I saw maybe 3 other people use it for about an hour or two the entire time we were there. In fact, it felt like it was our private pool!

We visited the Walmart and the Chedraui, the second being closer. If you buy many or heavy items than you will want to take a taxi back to the condo, if you don't have a rental car.

There are a wonderful selection of restaurants in Playa del Carmen, and some are located near the condo. For example, there is a nice Italian place called Casa Sofia that was around a 5 minute walk from the condo.

The condo is situated in Playacar and we felt safe at all times walking through this pleasant community. We had such a great time and I would be very happy to go back and repeat the same experience!

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
ARAIZAO
Phoenix, Arizona
“AWESOME VACATION @ CASA VELA”
Reviewed 2 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

thank YOU David and Angela for making our first family vacation such a success. It started with the booking. Me and David exchanged many emails, he always answered my questions asap and made my decision process so much easier. I had a feeling I was taking care from the moment we booked the house, The villa was very, very nice, comfortable, clean, nicely equipped and decorated. I looked at many other houses and villas and you cant beat this one for the price. Also, everything we needed was there. Playa Del Carmen is a beautiful town with the best ocean and beach I have experienced on all my travels. It is very conveniently located so we could enjoy the beach, the Mayan ruins, amusement park and some shopping. Well, I have to say, we had a great time and certainly hope to be back again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: that I got my deposit back so soon! a day after I check out from Casa Vela
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
Simon2210...
Bath, United Kingdom
“A spacious and well appointed villa with lovely pool and nearby facilities.”
Reviewed 29 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We made an excellent choice taking this property. Booking was simple and the owners were responsive and very helpful. We found it easily with the directions provided from the airport, plenty of parking out front and the property itself was spacious, very clean and well equipped. Apart from, at times, fairly intrusive road noise the property was lovely and quite with a good size family friendly swimming pool, which we all enjoyed. The property is located close to the town and the beaches with the supermarkets a short drive and a small convenience store a short walk away. We had a midweek visit from the cleaner and have to say that his thorough attention to detail in cleaning and making up the rooms was excellent. We would recommended this property as a great place to stay for a relaxing holiday even with a crazy 3 year old boy!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and access to the town and beaches
Liked least: road noise
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Const123
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely house and grounds, great location”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

This is a great property that comfortably accommodates eight people as there are three bedrooms and three full bathrooms. It is well equipped, has efficient air conditioning and ceiling fans and is very comfortable. The grounds and swimming pool are a great place to relax. The property is situated in a pleasant and quiet road with 24 hour security so feels very secure. The beautiful beach is a short 5-10 minute walk away - be sure to take the path opposite the tennis courts and past the ruins (as explained in the house handbook) otherwise it becomes a very long walk! When approaching from the house there is no sign for the path so it is easy to miss. The lively fifth avenue is about 10-15 minutes by foot. If you don’t have a car (as we didn’t) the larger supermarkets are within walking distance but you will probably need a taxi back to the house if you have much to carry.
The owners were very helpful during the booking process and returned my deposit promptly. The property manager Dante was very efficient and accommodating.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this property and hope to return one day.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and property as a whole
Liked least: Nothing - everything was great
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
Guadalajara Mexico
Reviewed 28 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Mansfield United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Gosport
Reviewed 31 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing