“Amazing entretainment staff”

Ranked #13 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Amazing entretainment staff”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I had a really great time at this hotel i really recomend this place for u to have the time of ur life service is great. I would like to mention some names
Teresa the best entretainer in the world i love her she was always with a smile ready to work and made amaizing activities such ad vollyball at the beach and volleyball at the pool amazing girl
Kathy a really nice girl she was always cheaking everything was under control
Sexy omar a great man a great friend and a great aerobics teacher
Danny boy amazing dancer really fun guy and amazing actitude always there for making a smile on your face
Cesar the best bike tour in playa he is an amazing guide Really enjoyed the trip around playa
Denis just makes my day supper fun always with the best actitude for work for work great guy
George really nice guy he was always there for bingo and cassino
Overall i would like to conclude mentioning i just had an amzing time with the entretainment staff
I will totally come back to have some fun with them !!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Anii0508

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,111)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Philipsburg
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I’m having an awesome time in Playa del Carmen Mexico, they have the most beautiful beaches of the Caribbean plus the weather is so nice to relax by the ocean all day long.
The Royal it’s really an all-inclusive Hotel so close to the ocean and Main Street, the 5th avenue and the Spazul experience was wonderful I had a GREAT Hot Rock massage the last day in a very long time, Thanks to Angela from the Spazul, I totally recommend her she has such a nice hands and charisma, I really enjoyed my massage and my back feels so much better now !!!
Hope to be back soon!!!

Kim B.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank kimbridges
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We recently arrived in mexico and it was the best holiday we have had. all the staff were amazing especially Jose and Sergio from spice always knew what we wanted when we arrived for breakfast lunch or dinner.
Rooms were out this world and the maid was great to us with our towel art and keeping the room spotless.
Terisa from the pool was great with the activities along with the rest of the team i cant remember there name.
Vikki was defo 1 of the best workers she works at the pool as a waitress she was fab never left us without a drink and that makes a big difference when you want to chill and the drink just keep flowing.Jamie from the pool was also amazing he's the 1 who will cool you down with water and keeps your sun glasses clean.

The who holiday was amazing from start to end i would highly recommend people to go you would love every min of it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank amanda c
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The Royal is royal. Facilities are excellent as was the food. Service was generally excellent with a few notable exceptions, such as a surly waiter at the pool who hatefully informed me that drinks are not served until 10. Another upside is that the hotel is in the center of Playa with hopping clubs and great Mexican market shopping within a block or two.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ed W
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I know I have sent previous reviews for the Royal Playa del Carmen in Mexico and again I cannot express the complete satisfaction we get at this resort. The staff are amazing and they always seem to remember faces..they are always smiling and happy. I just love my visits to this resort because I know we are going to receive the best service imaginable and we always meet new and interesting people from other countries. I have to give Prudy, a waitress at poolside a big thank-you for her fantastic service..what a great lady she is and her memory is unbelievable for names and your likes and dislikes..she would never serve me a drink with banana in it because she remembers that I have a dislike for bananas. Erick Perez is an amazing desk manager..he is very sociable and takes good care of the resorts clients. Everyone is wonderful and I guess that, along with the food, entertainment, cleanliness of rooms and a great view makes our trips to the resort so very nice. We will definitely make a return visit in April of 2013 as we have for three years now and the one coming up will be our fourth visit in as many years..do we look forward to returning to this resort?...YOU BET WE DO! I have to restate..this resort is top notch, very clean, very friendly..there is no negative comments from us at all..we love it!

Room Tip: Second or third floor..we always go to the second floor, poolside and oceanview..absolutely wonderfu...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank amethystgold
Berkley, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The resort is amazing. Restaurants, pools, spa, fitness center and a beautiful beach. The staff was warm, welcoming and very helpful.

Our daughter bought my wife and me a massage at the spa. The experience was...HEAVENLY. My masseuse was named Denise Chayo. She was professional, competent and considerate. She was almost too good to believe.

All in all, a great time at the Royal Playa del Carmen.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Michael O
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I want to start out by saying that I have stayed at 5 stellar all inclusive resorts in the caribbean prior to staying here. This resort was no different. Here are a list of pro's and con's...

Pros:
1) The rooms are without a doubt some of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in. Each suite has a huge jacuzzi tub, waterfall stone shower, king bed that is sooo comfortable, flat screen tv, bose ipod dock, etc. Insane rooms!
2) The food was unbelieveable!! Maria Marie and Asiana are two of the best all inclusive resort restaurants I've been to. Maria Marie has escargo, lobster bisque, bone-in veal chop, lamb chops, stuffed chicken and fish dishes, creme brulee, souffle, etc. Asiana has 10 different types of sashimi, 10 different sushi rolls, unbelieveable thai, japanese, and chinese traditional dishes. These are the 2 best restaurants for dinner. Spice is a wonderful breakfast and lunch buffet spot, and Pelicano's a great sit-down breakfast looking towards the ocean! Tapas is a very tasty lunch spot as well with small portions.
3) Pool / Beach Scene: The pools are large and quiet. They are very relaxing and have great views of the resort and ocean. The beach is gorgeous and water very clean and nice.
4) Alcohol / Bars: The alcohol is pleantiful and very much top shelf. They have grey goose vodka, black label scotch, jack daniels bourbon, don julio tequila, etc. All are very upscale:
5) Location: The playa del carmen market is literally right across the street if you want to shop for some local flair or cuban cigars. If you are into this, you will love that you can simply walk across the street.
6) Staff: The staff at the Royal are unbelieveable! We have to send a shout out to Dennis, Cesar, Omar, Danny Boy, Pedro, Jorge, Charly, Ellie, Geronimo, Luiz, etc. The service was TOP SHELF and we tipped very well because of it.

Con's:
1) Entertainment: Unlike some of the other resorts, there wasn't a ton of stuff to do later at night or throughout the day at the pool. Our family loves to be involved in pool games both in the water and by the pool. Other resorts certainly had more stuff going on and more lively pool atmosphere. Furthermore, at night there were good shows, but no night club or dancing to get involved in. I think that this was because they wanted you to go to Coco Bongo (In Playa Del Carmen) and spend money to party there. This would have been fun, but didn't seem right being that our food and drinks were all-inclusive at the resort.

Overall this was a wonderful resort that I would recommend for couples, or families looking for a relaxing trip!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family