Just Back From RPDC...
Here are some quick observations...Stayed 5/28/13 - 6/4/13 Room 462 & 460
Elevator Out Of Order 5 & 1/2 out of 8 Days!
Our Rooms were on the 4th Floor above Spice Restaurant.
This is 4 floors above The Tequila Bar & 2 Floors above the Lobby.
One of our travel companions is having knee replacement next week.
The elevator from near Spice, Not Working, RUINED her vacation.
She was embarrassed as we had to help(Almost Carry)her up the steps every night.
We got all kind of different explanations from Management about the problem...
But, The Bottom Line, This elevator does not work after a Rain Storm...
N.B. - It seems the electronics get fried during a storm.
Group @ "The Quiet Pool" Bar being allowed to blast rap & hip hop from their boom box.
El Med Bar @ Quiet Pool is down to about 6 bar seats/stools...Room for about 18...Where did
Watched a bartender @ Tapas Bar not using the 3 sink Wash/Rinse/Sanitize method.
He did this several times...All 4 of us watched him do it.
I called him on it...and asked to speak to the Manager...Manager had him re-wash the glasses.
No wonder Guests are getting Sick…
Poor - Bars running out of Certain Brands of Liquor & Beer and not being restocked for days.
Our Travel Companions Love Jim Beam Bourbon…
They got Jim Beam @ the Lobby Bar on Wednesday 5/29/13...
On Thursday 5/30/13 They could not get it…They were told they were Out Of Stock…
She stated “I Got It Yesterday” - The bartender replied “That Was Yesterday” and walked away…
She did not make a scene - But I would have demanded a Manager…
Room Service Not Using The Magic Box...Even when being Specifically Asked & Do Not
Disturb Sign hanging on door.
$20 Peso Tip left in “Magic Box” for Coffee & Juice Service.
They still knocked on the door….
Self Serve Carving Stations @ Buffets - OMG! No wonder Guests are getting sick!
Breakfast - Ham - A Whole Bone In Shank - Dull Knife - No carving Fork - You must touch to carve!
This is self serve!!!
Lunch - Turkey - ¼ Bird - Dull Knife - No carving Fork - You must touch to carve!!
This is self serve!!
OMG - I hope the last Guest who handled this meat washed hands after using the restroom….
Good - We were a party of 4 Adults - None of us got "The Virus"...
We did take Lysol Anti Virus Spray & Anti Virus Wipes…
We “hosed” down & then wiped down all contact surfaces such as door knobs, faucets, phone, every thing we could think of….We also did not drink “Royal” bottled water. We drank Perrier, Pellegrino and Crystal bottled water…We did use Ice Cubes…But we also used our own “Bubba Mugs” & “Bubba Cups” .
Better - Enjoyed the Top Notch Service from the staff!! Most are still the Best!
All Restaurants had good food and service. No Complaints.
Food is Subjective…I enjoyed all Ala Carte dining venues.
Buffets mostly scare me…Except for the “Made To Order” Show Cooking Stations.
I must Complain about Spice one night…
I did not wish to enjoy The Buffet one night…I asked for a Menu for Ala Carte…
Our Waiter stated that they had no Menu items available - But I could order from the Room Service Menu.
So I did…It took over an Hour to get my food….
Best - Bartender Quio(key-o) & Waiter Louis @ Tapas...Exceeded Expectations!
Excellent - Believe it or Not...Waiter Sergio from the Italian Restaurant @The Grand Porto Real!!
We had Two of the Best Timed & Served Meals of our trip.
Sergio and his two assistants work like a well oiled machine.
The meals just flowed...Courses were served like clockwork...Not rushed...Not "Draggy"...
Sergio just seemed to be "in tune" with our table & coordinated & directed his 2 assistants.
Drinks were refilled promptly, Dishes were cleared promptly, It was a thing of beauty...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya