We just returned from a wonderful vacation at The Royal. Prior to going I was concerned about all of the sickness people were reporting. We were all fine and we never came across anyone who was sick. We ate and drank everything including the buffet and fresh fruit. All of the water comes from bottles even if it's in a glass. Of course we used common sense and washed our hands and/or used sanitizer. One in our group got traveler's diarrhea but that is to be expected. Don't change your resort or you will regret it!
Food: Asiana, Coffee House, Spice and Maria Maria were great. The omelets at Spice are to die for...with fresh pico on top Yum! The tacos by Tapas were excellent as well. Mediterranean and room service were average. The room service runs on Mexican time so don't expect for it to be prompt. We are not ones who go and expect the food to exceed our standards, but rather be satisfying. There are enough places to eat that you will be fine.
Room: Perfect. The bed and pillows are AMAZING and also the shower! A lot of pressure which is a requirement for me as I have long hair. We had suite 233 which is in the middle of the resort. A small ocean view but not hammock on the balcony.
Location: The location is the reason we chose this resort and it did not disappoint. One block from 5th avenue where all of the shops and bars are. We always felt safe and didn't have any concerns walking around. This is a huge resort so there are lots of places to eat and have fun without ever leaving however I recommend venturing out!
Nightlife and Bars: No shortage of either. The nightly shows are very entertaining with very talented performers. The lobby bar is always happening at night and Armando was our favorite bartender. He rocks!
Pool: Always a chair game but otherwise was very nice. The waitresses around the pool take a long time to bring drinks back around but I think it's due to the proportion of waitress::customer.
I had an overpriced massage but it was good. Nice and relaxing but nothing extravagant.
We would return to this resort as it had a lot of nice touches. All of the staff were friendly and the place is very clean. The housekeepers do a fabulous job and the towel animals are always a happy surprise when you return to your room.
Hope you enjoy your vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Prestigia, Odigeo, Travelbag, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya