We've had a great time here. My husband and I came with two other couples June 7 -14. No one in our party got sick. The weather was great- hot, but breezy with no rain.
-service: the service is impeccable. Elizabeth and Jaysson at the quiet pool took great care of us.
Azu took us on a bike tour of the area around the hotel and she made It very enjoyable for us by giving us a little history lesson on Mayan culture, pointing out places of Interest, etc.
Enrique in the spa gave me the best facial ever!
Housekeeping was fantastic. Our room was cleaned every day, fridge stocked with water, beer, sodas, snacks. And at night we had turndown service with rose petals and chocolates. They also lit candles in the room.
- rooms:nice, spacious rooms( we stayed in 297)comfy bed and pillows, Jacuzzi tub, hammock on the porch.
- restaurant choices: Asiana was the best, but there was also a really good Italian place at the sister resort across the street. It is not part of the all Inclusive plan, but you can charge it to your room.
We also tried Maria Marie's, Pelicanos, El Mediterraneano (which were All ok)and Spice. Spice has the best breakfast. The coffee house by the quiet pool is fantastic also.
-pools- water is perfect temp., pools are Kept clean, Lots of chairs. We preferred the quiet pool. The main pool area Is very large. They have activities there all day.
-nightly entertainment. Great!! Acrobatics, dancers, djs, Mayan shows
-Poor beach: the beach was a big disappointment. It was not pretty at all and It smelled terrible. Its a public beach. There are plenty of covered beach chairs there though. If you head further south down the beach about 10 minutes or so, the beach gets much better with white sand and prettier water.
-Noise:the activities pool is very loud because there is music and entertainment going on there all day (think Spring Break ). Its a big party. It was also right outside our room. But no worries- we just spent our time at the quiet pool. Met lots of great guests there who were also seeking relief from the noise.
-Odor: the smell of sulfur was constant around the beach and activity pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Expedia, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya