My wife and I as well as another lesbian couple stayed at the RPC in June of 2013 so this review is delayed. The resort was pretty, the ocean view room was gorgeous and the jaccuzzi was to die for with plenty of hot water. The view of the ocean was marvelous. We were shocked when we went down to the beach the first time, as it stunk like raw unadulterated sewerage. The water is not clear at all, and the pier next to this expensive resort is an eyesore. The beach chairs are touching one another, in rows that you cannot walk in between. Beach service was wonderful however, and the beach waiters work very hard with pride and efficiency.
The waiter at Spice was a horrible homophobe. Repeatedly called my wife sir. When he did not get a rise out of her, he spilled coffee next to her foot, then another waiter came over and spilled milk ON her. When I complained to management they did nothing. After that I was too paranoid to eat in the restaurants in this resort.
This was an unfortunate experience. Shame. This is an honest review. We take our children to the Palladium every year, but just wanted to be a little closer to the night life on 5th avenue, which is an awful lot of fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Odigeo, Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya