Feb. 15-Mar 1, 2014. What an amazing experience. Home was never like this. We received diamond level service in an incredibly welcoming environment on the Mayan Riviera. The resort was spotless, the service impeccable and the staff second to none I've experienced elsewhere. We stayed in a junior suite, complete with a huge hot tub. Everything you might ever forget to pack was already in the room...comb, toothbrush, sewing kit, mouthwash, complimentary snacks. This was our first visit to The Royal, but we'll be back. I can't think of a place I'd rather return to again. We will miss not only the resort, but also the many friends we made from the Staff. Leaving was like leaving family. We miss you already and we've only been home 2 days. Thank you for an amazing experience. Special thank you to Sarah & David in Staff Services who went out of their way daily to ensure that we received all the extras that they could manage for us. They watched out for us every day of our two weeks. We can't forget Fredy Camara in Spice Restaurant. Daily, we asked to sit in Fredy's section and Hostess Doris Diaz in Spice always graciously ensured that we were accommodated. Doris' gracious smile greeted us each time we arrived at Spice Restaurant. Javier from Spice must also be remembered. Javier always followed up to ensure that we had everything we needed to enjoy our time at Spice. Restaurante El Mediterraneo was another favourite. Hostess Nancy de Dios was always happy to see us and ensured that we sat in Paco's section. Paco's service was incredible. His energy, warmth and smile brought us back daily for breakfast. After dinner each day, we went to the Coffee Shop. Fabulous coffee, served with a smile from Luisa. Thank you, Luisa.
Last but not least, we must mention, Eva and Prude for their beach service. Their enthusiasm, energy and warmth sent us looking for them when they weren't around. Incredible service from so many people. Warm hugs to all of you! You became our friends and family in a home away from home. We can't wait to return next February. Until then, stay well and be sure to be there when we get back. The Royal is two blocks from the upscale 5th Avenue where restaurants, shopping and entertainment abound.
Thank you to The Royal and Staff for the most wonderful vacation, I've ever experienced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, TravelUp, Travelbag, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya