This place is, by far, the most incredible resort we have ever been to. From the beautiful room views, to the fabulous service, to the fantastic food and drinks, the Royal can't be beat.
Having never been to Playa del Carmen, we wanted to be within walking distance of Playa's shops, restaurants, and bars. We researched for hours online, looking at countless reviews and forum posts and finally settled on the Royal. My partner was a little hesitant, having never been to Playa or a Real resort. The Royal definitely delivered everything we wanted and more and from the moment we arrived, we knew we had made the right choice.
We stayed in a Junior Suite Ocean View, in the Coba building. The room was always clean and the mini-bar stocked thanks to our wonderful housekeeper Mirna. And wow...what a perfect view and room! Waking up to that gorgeous ocean view every morning was unforgettable. The main pool was so much fun...always pristinely clean and the entertainment staff always kept us active and entertained. Drink service was perfect, too (special thanks to Prude for never letting our cups go empty!) Loved the lobby bar, too. Perfect place to grab delicious drinks and catch a game on the tv before heading out to 5th in the evening.
The food was delicious...we especially loved Pelicanos, Maria Marie and Il Pescatore (next door at the Gran Porto Real). Loved the delicious sangria and tacos and perfect ocean views for breakfast. Even the buffets were great...Honestly, I don't think we had one bad meal.. and there was so much variety, that we never felt bored with eating there. Drinks were top shelf and plentiful.
Can't say enough good things about the service, food, and amenities at the Royal. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay the best trip ever. And that's why we have booked a return trip back. With Royal treatment that this resort gave us, how could we not return?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya