This was our 3rd vacation at the RPDC and still exceptional in every way!! We treated ourselves and arranged to have the Royal Transportation pick up us at the airport for our drive to the resort. It was such a pleasure to see Alex waiting to "welcome us home" and we enjoyed chatting with him on our drive. He is professional, friendly and a very dedicated employee!
We had a beautiful ocean view suite and it was kept immaculate by Patricia and Olga. Every day we were delighted with a new towel animal arrangement. I attended the Towel Design Demonstration with Betty and Karina and my "elephant" did not quite compare with those of the housekeeping staff!! They are very creative and artistic!!
Carlos kept our bar fridge well stocked and when my husband requested a particular brand of beer, it was there.
Sergio from Room Service was great and so nice!! Whenever I called room service the person on the other end of the phone was so friendly.
Spa - I had the most luxurious facial by Daysi, she was amazing. The spa facilities are nice on their own and provide a little retreat to go to for some calming relaxation.
Restaurants, the food is amazing and service exceptional!!
Chef's Plate - Loved the tasting menus and the professional service by Blanquet, Pedro, Kevin and Jorge Nava and of course the Chef!! The meals were amazing from the Chef's Appetizer to the Tiramisu Martini....incredible!!
El Mediterraneo - We were so happy to see Paco here during the breakfast hours, he's so friendly and such a gentleman!! One evening we had dinner reservations and I would like to mention that Mario( Manager) remembered my allergy to kiwi which I had mentioned when we made the reservation two days prior! Suhey (Hostess) is so lovely and always smiling. The food was delicious and Fernando an excellent waiter.
Pelicanos - We dined at Pelicanos for breakfast and lunch and although it can be busy at times the food was always good and we had the very best of service by Geronimo. Also want to mention Alan who is such a nice young man, always has a smile on his face!!
Maria Marie - Such a beautiful restaurant and we had a delicious meal and great service by Chan.
Coffee House - Mario made me the most incredible drink!! This is such a nice spot to drop by for a coffee, cookie or ice cream.....try the coconut!! Yummy
Flaming Coffee Demonstration - So much fun made possible by Moshie, Gaby, Silvia, Ruben & Reyes!!!! The coffee's were delicious!!
Aqua Excursion - We went on an snorkel excursion with Mizraim, Paco, Sammy & the other fellows to Akumal. It was wonderful and would highly recommend them.
Pool/Beach Service - The staff including Prude, Laura, Ernie & Youli are always friendly and very quick to serve your drinks!! They work so hard in the heat. Want to mention Jaime who is such an asset to this resort! The loungers do get "saved" by early morning but we did not have any problem finding two together.
This was again a wonderful vacation and truly believe the staff are what makes this resort so special. From early morning to late night the service is exceptional!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Odigeo, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya