I spent 7 days here after spending 7 days at another resort in the same area for my honeymoon (1st week got married with family and friends and 2nd week we moved to another hotel for our honeymoon). Where to start - everything was incredible and I think even stood out more because we had just come from another resort versus having to compare to something we travelled a year earlier etc.
Smooth check in, to our beautiful room (decorated beautifully, huge with our own spa and big balcony with hammock) the most comfortable beds we had ever slept in while travelling, turn down service, free i-pods loaded with music, the food and drinks were superb, the beach was incredible and the location was awesome. We could be laying out on the beach and decide to tour into town to see if we could find any market deals to bring home and forgot some of our belongings on the beach - only to return hours later in the dark to find security standing near by watching it - unbelievable!! We thanked him profusely, he would not accept a tip. Dinner on the beach and massage under the stars was very romantic, the concierge made every effort to ensure our honeymoon met all of our expectations - and then some! The pool was very nice - I'm just more of a beach person. The day beds on the beach were great - as were the little flags to let staff know you were parched and in need of a new cold one - LOL! I can't say enough good things about this resort - it wasn't a big resort, nor a small one - but just right. I don't like to go to the same place twice as there are so many places to see and visit - if I was ever to make an exception - the Royal Playa del Carmen would be it! Excursions we went on included a snorkel trip right off our beach by boat (we waded out to the boat and he took us to an amazing corral reef very close by - cheapest snorkel trip I've been on and saw a lot of stuff!) went to the cenotes swimming and also the dinner in one in town, its dried up and turned into a restaurant - really fun, great photos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Prestigia, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya