Second time at this resort and not much has changed since a year ago, from check in to check out the service is impeccable. Its not just that the servers never leave you feel wanting but they always have a good attitude and genuinely seem happy to be making you happy. Sadly, I didn't get the names of all the great servers and waiters that made our stay special but I would like to give a special shout out to Celia (pool service) who made sure our cups were always full and was a joy to be around. Also Erika at concierge, I talked to her via e-mail to make a room request, she replied right away and came up to see us pretty much the second we got in our room to meet us in person.
Still the one and only disappointment for me is Spice (the buffet), personally if I go to a buffet I would like a few more casual choices like fries with slider burgers or chicken nuggets or fried fish. I find the food at Spice to be the same as the restaurants but the atmosphere is not as good so I would prefer to just eat at the restaurants. There is a reason everybody raves about the spring rolls at Asiana, because people enjoy junk food sometimes on vacation so serve up some fish'n'chips at Spice and I think you'll find it gets a lot busier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Travelbag, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya