The Royal Playa del Carmen
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$922
US$818
BanyanTree.com
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$1,998
US$397
Hotels.com
US$325
US$281
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$281
US$378
US$336
Melia.com
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$497
US$463
Barcelo.com
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,076
US$1,004
Hotels.com
Viceroy Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$816
US$796
US$781
US$585
US$723
HotelsClick
17,416 results
All reviewsmaria mariechef's platecoffee houseromance conciergespice restaurantjose garciadanny boyfrozen grapeshour loungeocean viewturn down servicetequila barour honeymoonlobby barpresidential suitebeach butleril pescatore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our stay at the Royal was wonderful. The staff is fabulous. Friendly, never an attitude about any request. Rooms were beautiful. The location is ideal just a very short walk to 5th avenue which is fun shopping and restaurants.
The best part of the vacation for me was the fact that my 22 year old daughter and her 3 cousins had a great time at the pool with the pool water sports staff. All the pool staff were great, Enrique and Sammy, Moshe, Danny, Katie, Franco (Alejandro), Juan, Oscar, Pepe, Victor and Karina. I was especially impressed with Danny and Franco. Both were so much fun. They entertained all of us. By the time we left, I felt we had new friends. The pool staff was also available to meet up with our 22 year old daughter and her cousins and take a group of them out to the night life. They had a great time and most important I felt that they were safe and that they had locals who kept their eyes out for them. It seems that is a part of their job. A huge plus in my mind. The pool bartenders were delightful especially Chi, they were funny and entertaining. There were a total of 8 of us in our family and everyone wants to go back and stay at the Royal. We have been all over the world on trips together and this one was at the top of our list
Renee M

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Renee M
Lynn D, Gerente at The Royal Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We are very happy to hear that it was a great experience for you and your family, and that you found our staff to be very helpful and attentive, this will motivate us to keep doing our best job!
Thank you for choosing us to spend your vacations.

We are looking forward to host you again very soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our 3rd time to this resort and already looking forward to next year!! With a group of 22 people had an amazing time for all!! This resort truly puts the customer first and always exceeded my expectations when I asked for items that weren't on the menu! They made sure to accommodate my request and it just ensured our loyalty for future visits!! You can't be the resort accommodations, food and location! You have everything you need a few steps down the street.....the nightlife and shopping is not to be missed!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank blondeokie

Dear Royal Guest,
We really appreciate this great review. We are very happy to hear that it was a great experience for you and your friends, and that you found our staff to be very helpful and attentive, this will motivate us to keep doing our best job! Thank you for choosing us to spend your vacations.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My Husband and I visited The Royal PDC from May 31 to June 7. We have been to the Playa del Carmen area for several years but this was our first time at the Royal. I had read several reviews on Trip Advisor as is my custom and the TA community was right as always. The resort is beautiful. The staff is wonderful!! The food is good, the entertainment is good, and the resort is just steps from shopping, bars and restaurants. My husbands' favorite part was the room. He is picky about rooms but this one he loved. My favorite restaurant was PELICANOS. It sits mostly outside so you get the ocean breeze. The cheescake there is to die for. We ate at all of the restaurants but my least favorite was The Chefs Plate; I did not think it was worth the extra money as it was no different than any of the other restaurants.

Just FYI, you cannot eat at the pool or any of the bars. It's not a deal breaker for me, I was just not used to it, as this is different from the other Resorts we have visited.

Thanks for such good service Hector/Door Man, Nancy/Hostess, Christian/Room Service, Prudee/Bar Maid, Yolanda/Omlett Cook, Many, Poco, Abraham/EL MEDITERRÁNEO, Johnston/Bar Tender, Avi/Minibar

Room Tip: we stayed in 221 away from the construction
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank walkerchasanAtlanta

Dear Guest,
We truly appreciate your review! Our top priority is to offer an exceptional service to each of our guest and it is very satisfying to read that this was your case.
Thank you again for your great review and we hope that you come back and enjoy once again of all our services!!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We came to this magical place as a party of about 40 for my best friends wedding. There was some confusion at first about the correct room upgrade which turns out was not the Royal's fault but the travel agent's. The hotel did not have to do anything, but they upgraded us to the master suite anyway which saved the day. The suite itself is huge, gorgeous, and stocked. Full bottles of wine and spirits, a fridge with sodas/beer snacks await you at arrival. If you are feeling uber lazy room service is almost as good as the eateries. The service is amazing and everyone is very pleasant and accomodating....the pool staff is hilarious, ask for Alejandro to set up your Coco Bongo visit. There were about 15 of us 30yr olds and we were never bored. Lobby shows, fantastic food, and the always open 24 hr bar kept us occupied. We ladies had our hair and makeup done for the wedding and all 4 of us turned out runway ready in under an hour, ask for Adriana! I would highly recommend this hotel since I can't think of one unpleasant experience, other than me drunkenly getting lost on the vast grounds...even then, a kind maid showed me home with only a slight amused look on her face. Loved it, thank you Royal!

Room Tip: Go ahead and upgrade to the ocean view...there is some construction going on and some folks ended up with a view of the street. If you don't plan on spending much time in the room it's not an issue. All the rooms were great despite the views. Mastersuite was swank!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ginny C

Dear Guest,
On behalf of THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen staff and myself we want to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such a positive review We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent a week at The Royal in Playa Del Carmen for our honeymoon and my wife and I had an amazing time. The resort and beach were beautiful. The staff was incredible, very friendly and accommodating. When we first arrived to our room (Junior Suite with hot tub and private pool) we found two double beds. The bell hop had us switched to a new room in a matter of moments, literally a few minutes, it was insane! Granted there was construction nearby but it happens, not something that is a constant. Even so, it was not a distraction. The pool was so much fun with the daily entertainment and dancing from the staff. We loved Roberto and Alexander at the swim up bar! The food was absolutely incredible. We went to every restaurant and loved Maria Marie and the Tapas restaurants the most. The restaurant Spice was perfect for breakfast and lunch with the many options, all of them very delicious. We enjoyed the Spa and highly recommend it. Each evening before and after dinner we hung out at the Lobby Bar and Ramos and Reyes were a blast! But if there is one individual who stuck out and will always be a vivid memory for us was the friend we made in Moche! This person is very genuine, delightful and just an overall joy to be around. No matter how many people he meets, he always remembers your name. He was very informative when we needed info but talking to him was like talking to a long time friend. If you go, please make sure you meet Moche! We are already planning on going back with friends and we can only hope he is there as our friends need to experience first hand what we can only describe in words. You will not be disappointed with this beautiful resort, it's incredible staff and amazing food! And don't forget Moche!

Jason from Buffalo, NY

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jason H

Dear Guest,
On behalf of THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen staff and myself we want to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such a positive review but the most important to trust in us and choose our beautiful resort for your HONEYMOON!
We look forward to welcoming you again for your Anniversary or as soon as you want to have a great time with your friends!!