The Royal Playa del Carmen
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen Resort(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
La Divina by Aldea Thai(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Carmen Quinta Resort(Playa del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Unic Design Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
17,430 results
All reviewsmaria mariechef's platecoffee houseromance conciergespice restaurantjose garciadanny boyfrozen grapeshour loungeocean viewturn down servicetequila barour honeymoonlobby barpresidential suitebeach butleril pescatore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The resort was beautiful and well kept. The staff was extremely nice and willing to help fulfill your every need. They even worked with one of the couples traveling with us change rooms due to construction noise. The restaurants offered a wide variety of food that was tasty. The snack shack by the front lobby turned out to be one of our favorite places to stop in to make a drink and grab a snack any time of day. The local market is just outside of the resort, but you have to go early in the day because of the heat. The wedding we attended was on Pelicanos Beach. It was set up beautifully and the staff worked hard to keep the ceremony as private as possible, as well as keep the guests comfortable. My only complaint about the venue is that the pier near it is open to the public, so there were people walking past and even sitting right next to the venue. A more private beach area would have been great. Denys, the onsite wedding coordinator, was fantastic. She took great care of the bride and coordinating with the sound guys and the rest of the wedding party. The photographer, Caesar, was excellent as well. He did a great job of including the entire wedding party, and he gave great direction and made you feel at ease. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa J
Lynn D, Gerente at The Royal Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are glad to read that really enjoyed the wedding and our Resort.
I am also copying our management team so that they can also share your positive feedback with the rest our staff.
Thank you for staying with us and We look forward to welcome you once more very soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was our first trip to Cancun and we were not disappointed.
The Royal is an amazing place from the moment you enter to the sad moment that you leave.
Our room was a Junior Suite and very nice. Enjoyed the hammock on our private patio.
The delightful Coffee bar with excellent service and yummy cookies. We went there everyday.
All the restaurants were nice and friendly staff.
The entertainment each night reminded you of a Las Vegas Show that you would have spent $100 or more per person to see.
Pool area was extremely large and very inviting.
We still talk about our trip and can't wait to go back

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank wanderingtraveler707

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind comments posted at Trip Advisor! As you know, our main goal is make sure that you have a wonderful stay.
Once again thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Staff was very attentive and friendly, even though one guy wearing TA&M gear everyday was being a "typical" American and was rude to the staff multiple times... It is called vacation for a reason...

Entertainment was enjoyable and the food at each restaurant was very good. If you are looking for an easy, all-inclusive experience, The Royal Playa del Carmen is worth a look...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rick H

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your commentS.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future in our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Royal. I was initially checked into their sister resort but, I was approached by management and asked if I was interested in moving across the street to their 'adults only' Royal Resort, for free. Although my room at the Grand Porto had an amazing view of the ocean, the Royal is two levels above. It's newer, cleaner, and better set-up for relaxation since children are not permitted. There's several pools to enjoy and their main pool is much nicer than the Grand Porto.

There's also several restaurants to dine at so there's plenty of food selection.

Finally, the staff is very friendly, accommodating and goes out of the way to make your stay enjoyable. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: There's a good chance you won't get a beach facing room. The way the resort was built doesn't allow for many beach facing rooms. However, the rooms were very comfortable, spacious and relaxing. The beach is just a short easy walk to the end of the resort.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jvaca95

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your comments posted at Trip Advisor! We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future in our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I am a member and my family as well. I am always glad to stay at the Royal. All the personnel treats me like a king. And it is essentially the way they treat me that makes the week that I normally stayed and enjoyable one. I would like to thank all of them, and forgive me if I can not mention everyone. Kudos the Chef Fabian Andrade. Great man always making sure the dishes and the high quality of the meal is at its top level. At the entrance, Armando Morales, Don Manuel De Los Santos and Gilberto (at night). Fanny at the reception for helping me with even my Mexican local phone. At Chef's Plate, Pedro, Monserrat and Alan. At Maria, Marie, Charmin, Augustin, Pepe and Maggie. At Spice, Perla, Don Jose and Javier. Cleaning my room and making sure everything was to my satisfaction, Supervisor Dona Rafaela and cleaning lady Magdalena Salas and Walter and Alonso (the young men who stocked my minibar. Special thanks to Isabel (ISA) at the Spa. And naturally to Nancy Perez and Carolina Gonzalez Garcia for helping me with the reservations. Regards to Alex and Martin (married couple) at the front area. I do hope management can lobby the Mexican Federal Government to do something about the increasing beach erosion that is making the beach more rockier and the area to bathe in the beach smaller. I know it is the Government who owns the beach, but management needs to actively engaged itself towards forcing the government to add more sand and covering( or taking them out) the rocks in the emerald waters. Thanks

Room Tip: I like rooms on the tower facing the Gazebo
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Roberto M

Dear Royal Guest,
Your comments are very important for us and we are grateful that you take some minutes from your valued time and make this fabulous review from us.
Thank you again for your value review and for visiting us and we hope to have the privilege to host you once again soon!