My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon and we can't stop talking about The Royal.
We travel very frequently and have been on cruises as well as all inclusive resorts and The Royal is by far the best place we have ever been. If you are looking for a romantic, relaxing and wonderful honeymoon or vacation, this is the place to be. Let me explain.
This part of the review will be appreciated most by woman. The morning that we were leaving for our honeymoon I realized that I had a UTI(urinary tract infection)! OUCH!!!! I thought to myself, how am I going to enjoy my 10 day honeymoon if I'm in pain the entire trip. Well have no fear ladies!!! Since my travel agent mentioned that we were honeymooners on our reservation, we received a private check-in. At that time I told Veronique, an angel on Earth, about my condition. She calmly picked up the telephone and within 3 minutes (not an exaggeration) the doctor was in front of me with antibiotics. WOW....was all I could say!!
OK, so on to the resort.
We were in an oceanview suite. The bed was a dream. It was very comfortable and we were able to choose the type of pillows we preferred from the pillow menu.
We didn't really use the in room liquor dispenser because by the time we got to the room we were already "in the wind". But there are 4 bottles in the dispenser and if you don't like the bottles that are there you just let the concierge know and they change them right away.
There was a different towel animal everyday with fresh rose petals to adorn the bed. The few nights that we were out of the room to get turn down service were great. The staff left more rose petals, chocolate truffles and scented oils with candles.
As I previously mentioned we have traveled for quite some time and the food was excellent to be an all inclusive resort. Pelicano's was our favorite for lunch. My husband absolutely loved Asiana's. You must try the coconut shrimp at Asiana's...they are to die for! The buffet was above average in my opinion. There was something different everyday and the food was excellent. We did eat at Chef's Plate and Maria Marie they were both phenomanal!
I could go on forever about this resort. The grounds are spotless. There was never a time I didn't see someone cleaning or mopping somewhere. The only thing I could possibly say was a con about this resort is the "towel game". It was a little annoying to see towels on almost every chair by 9am. However, we never had a problem getting a chair but it was sometimes in an area like the bottom of the stairs where a lot of traffic came through. But not a big enough deal to let it ruin our trip.
To wrap things up, if you are looking for relaxation and pampering this is a wonderful resort to consider. My husband and I already booked our return trip for our 1st anniversary!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya