My wife and I visited the Royal for one week strating Feb 12th. We arrived early and had a Ocean front suite. The room was not ready till check in at 3:00 but that was OK. The hotel itself is beutiful. The architecture is stunning. The rooms are very nice and we had a great view of the Ocean and beach. The sliding balcony doors are huge so you really get a feeling of the outdoors. I would stay away from the beach front walk out. The people above look right down on you and because of the flora and cabanas you can't see the Ocean. It appeared that all the ocean view suites are situated nice but again, I would try to get something above ground level or you views are obstructed.
General service and house keeping was "good" the consierge was not real helpfull and we where missing some items in our room from time to time. Towels etc. but a call to house keeping produced quick results. The rooms are very nice. Bose suround sound with 32" flat screen and a docking station for a ipod. You can get an ipod with your room at certain levels. Bathrooms are spacious with nice tile work. Room service was great and they have a little closet to put your dirty dishes in that can be accesed from the hallway so you don't have trays of dirty dishes in the hallways.
The beach is beutiful. White soft sand and it is raked and kept clean regularly. No big cemement beach bags to break the waves as I have seen on other beaches. We only saw the beach Buttler twice. Once with cold towels and once with frozen grapes. No big deal but if you promote something you should deliver. The waitresses came fairly often. A small tip kept them coming more regular.
The food is good to great. I would not say exellent but then we are kinda food snobs. The service at the restaurants was very good. The food was hot and deliverd quickly. The buffet at Spice is very nice. All the resterants are very nicely decorated and compfortable.
All and all a very nice place in a nice spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, TravelUp, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya