My husband and I stayed at The Royal PDC for 7 nights for our honeymoon. We chose it based on what we read on here. We had thought it was the best based on what we read, however we were very surprised with how great it really was. The reviews on here don't do it justice. I first must say that the service here is the best we have ever received, our expectations were far exceded. When we arrived we were greeted with mojitos and quickly checked in and taken to our room. The resort is beautiful and our room was even better than the pictures. All the restraunts were great, however we did have a few favs. Spice and room service was the best for breakfast, lunch was tacos at Tapas, Pelicanos or Asiana. Dinner was definitely Marie Maries and Chefs Plate (however it does take a long time to eat there, many courses). The pool temp was perfect. We were scared that it would be too cold because of reviews we have read, but we hung out in the pool for a long time and did not get cold. The pool temp may just depend on the time of year and weather, i am not sure if it is actually heated. The beach and ocean were AMAZING!!! just be aware of the rocks in the ocean that span from the pier to the middle of the Royal's beach. Get in the ocean on the left side of the beach to avoid them. We made a recommendations for a sign up to warn people of the rocks, well see if they do it. That was our only complaint. The drink/frozen towel/suntan lotion/frozen grape service on the beach and at the pool is absolutly amazing. There was someone there every 5 min to make sure you were perfect. My husband and I dont' drink much, so we were happy that the frozen drinks werent very strong, however when you requested a strong drink, there were happy to make it for you. They made our honeymoon very special in our room. There were different occasions were our room was full of rose petals and our last night we came home from dinner to a full warm jacuzzi with rose petals.
we got a couples massage by the beach which was very relaxing with the breeze and the waves. I enjoyed my relax massage very much but my husband was not totally happy with his deep tissue massage. He familiar with what a good deep tissue massage feels like since that is what he usually gets, but this one was subpar.
The hotel supplies you with plenty of bottled water in your room and you are safe with drinking the water and ice in all the restaurants. DO NOT get any of the water from the sink or shower in your mouth or on your toothbrush and you should be fine.
All in all, we highly recommend this place. We dont understand how anyone could give it a bad review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the powdery white sands of the Caribbean, The Royal welcomes guests to a world of all-inclusive luxuries exclusively for adults. Situated on the Riviera Maya just steps from Playa del Carmen's famous Fifth Avenue, the AAA Four-Diamond resort boasts all-suite accommodations with private balconies and spectacular views, plus special options such as swim-up suites and beachfront walkouts. From beach butlers to romance concierges, the attentive staff provides genuine hospitality at every turn as guests enjoy the luxurious spa, exquisite cuisine, natural beauty, and many other delights of The Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya