Illusion Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Maya del Mar(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Hotel El Punto(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
El Secreto Hotel by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Pelicano Inn(Playa del Carmen)
  • Beachfront
Playa Maya(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lunata(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Pension San Juan(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Maya Bric Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Free Internet
Thompson Beach House(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Siesta Fiesta Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
1,650 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbalcony roomperfect locationfourth floorsmall hotelsmall poolhotel is greatrooms are largeair conditionerferry to cozumelnight lifeocean viewking bedour honeymoonavebeachmexico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Brilliant hotel.

Location: it's location is perfect as it's located literally 50 metres away from the beach and 50 metres away from the main avenue.

Price and services: I was very surprised that they only charge 60 dollars a night for what they offer. The hotel is a 4 star hotel, with a roof top swimming pool and a beautiful sea view. The rooms are very spacious and the beds are huge. You could fit 3 people in them. The design is really good. Rooms and bathrooms are made of mostly marble. Air conditioning is in every room and it doesn't cost extra to use unlike some places. It's very quiet so sleeping at night is very pleasant. The staff are extremely friendly and they were able to help me with all my countless questions. There is a cocktail bar beside the pool. Drinks are very cheap but still tip top quality.
Wasn't over the moon with the breakfast. Foods were quite bland in taste and there wasn't a wide variety either. But that doesn't matter too much when you are located so close to the main avenue.
I had a massage done, and their massage therapist is top notch. Very relaxing and surprisingly dint dent my funds much.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting playa del carmen. I will definitely be coming back here.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank FedericoDoorly
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Would like to say a big thank you to Carlos Funez and all the staff at Illusion Boutique Hotel for making our holiday an amazing experience! Our room was lovely, on the 5th floor with sea views overlooking the roof top pool! All staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Perfectly located just 2 mins from the beach and 2 mins from 5th avenue for shopping and restaurants. Carlos helped us to book trips and gave lots of good advice and tips to make our trips perfect. Captain Hook boat trip Cancun was a truly entertaining night as was our day at Xcaret, snorkelling the underground rivers and seeing the animals and shows. Many thanks again! We are already saving to go back again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne F
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel is just a short walk to both the beach and 5th Ave for shopping. The location could not be better. Staff were friendly and very accommodating. Our room was on the Fourth floor overlooking the lounge deck and swimming pool with ocean views. Clean and big rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank micheletblack
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at Illusion for 5 nights and had a very lovely time. The hotel is in a great location - just a minute walk south to the beach and a minute walk north to the main street with a ton of restaurants and stores. It is also located just a 5 minute walk away from the main club strip, but far enough away that the hotel was quiet at night.

The rooms are very spacious, clean and the wifi worked great. I never had a problem connecting to the internet. The AC was also always working. I really enjoyed having a small balcony as well in my room. the rooftop terrace is also a great spot during the day or at night and it has a very nice view of the ocean.

The staff was also great! Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Carlos, the concierge was especially helpful! He gave me tons of information about the town, beaches and where to go out. He also helped me booked an excursion as well as gave me instructions on how to get over to the next town when I wanted to do some exploring on my own.

Overall, the hotel is great for anyone looking to be in the centre of playa del carmen and be looking for something other than an all-inclusive. I would definitely recommend the hotel and would book another stay myself!

- Chiara (Toronto, Canada)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Chiara C
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

With this hotel you have the best of two worlds, the beach is half a block away on 5th Avenue shopping is half a block away. The hotel is clean functional, with small pool on the 4th floor. Rooms are good size, modern, nice bathrooms, and some even equipped with kitchenette. Moderately price, friendly staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple