“Excellent boutique hotel in Play Del Carmen on the beach!”

Acanto Boutique Hotel & Condominiums Playa del Carmen
Ranked #19 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I will definitely be going back to the Acanto Boutique Hotel. The hotel is more like a luxury villa or private condo than a normal hotel. Flat screen TV's, high speed internet, huge bathrooms with a large shower you can sit in, air conditioning, shaded balcony with tables & chairs overlooked the restaurants, and the beds were fantastic.

Upon arriving, took a private shuttle to the hotel and was able to check in fast. it was nice having the place stocked with food before I got there, they shop locally so the price for that was cheap. Since I wanted to get away from the 'party' resorts I was happy that the noise at night was zero. Yet, I was still steps away from the beach, steps away from 5th avenue, and about a 10 minute walk to some great local restaurants.

My friend and I rented scooters for $20 a day while we were down there (parked in the Acanto's gated basement garage) so getting around to all the local restaurants were great; great ceviche. I love tennis, so being a few blocks from public tennis courts was fantastic (bright rackets).

Overall I loved the luxury part of the hotel. The owner & staff treated us like we owned one of their condos and they were managing it for us. Anything we needed they found time to do; even though we could tell they were very busy. I would highly recommend the Acanto Conods in Playa Del Carmen to anyone who wants a luxury condo on the beach. Jeff

Room Tip: ask for a balcony overlooking 16 Ave. It was well shaded. Mornings, afternoons, and evenings seeme...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff F

Reviewed 7 May 2012

My first stay at this property. The location about 50 yards from 5th Ave at 16th is very convenient with little noise. The beach is about a block away and this is a relatively quiet area of the beach. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly and all speak fluent english. Nice, very newly renovated room with a clean marble bathroom of good size and a balcony over the pool. The parking is easy and secure. I go to PDC frequently on business and will return to the Acanto on my next trip.
Thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
matthew c, General Manager at Acanto Boutique Hotel & Condominiums Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you we enjoy having you and look forward to your return

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom condo, two bathrooms, full kitchen, dining room table, living room area, big closet space, 4 balconies. It was really nice. Right off the main strip of 5th Ave ( or street whatever they call it) and just foot steps away from the beach. However! the beach clubs this hotel is associated with are a few blocks away. Only a 5 minute walk. If you walk straight out to the beach directly by the hotel, its the docking area for boats so you would have to walk down a little on the beach to find an area to sit. You dont need to use the beach clubs to sit on the beach, but full service is kind of a big deal on the beach! The staff at Acanto were AMAZING and really helpful. ( THANK YOU JOEL AND RAFAELA!) they helped us out so much with booking activities, calling cabs, giving directions.. and more. They were really helpful and gave great service. The cleaning staff were all really nice too, I personally dont like gettin my room cleaned when I am not in the room, so we only had our rooms cleaned once while we were still there, they were so quick and efficient. Theres a Wal-Mart and Mega ( which is just like a Walmart) a few blocks away. The rooftop has a gril for any guests to use and a jacuzzi. Other condos have private jacuzzis. In one of the bedrooms the balcony looked off right into other peoples rooms -- kind of awkward, luckily no one else was staying in those rooms at the time. but there are plenty of other balconies to go to. Acanto was clean and quite, in a great location with wonderful staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Hi thanks for the kind words, the team is focused on customer satisfaction.. We hope to have you back again soon

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I had the best time in Playa Del Carmen, and the whole trip started off Perfect right when I saw the Acanto Boutique where I was staying. I knew we had made the right choice.

I could not believe that I had found this awesome place to stay that felt like I was paying $$$$$. I felt rich, successful, and like I was being catered to. I knew I had purchased a nice place to stay, but when I stepped out of the shuttle and walked into the Grotto, I couldn't wait to see my room. I knew I was in for a treat. When I walked in I was immediately impressed with the Marble, Cherry wood, Bathrooms made for comfort, 2 bedroom Plush beds. Flat screen TVs that used Thumb Drive Tech. (Bring your movies on a Flash drive and just plug into your flat screen, no need to get any DVDs) or attach your laptop and watch whatever you have on your Drive.

I loved the balcony that attached my room to the living room. I asked them to fill my fridge, and they only charged me a small stock fee. 1 block form the ocean, 1 block from every Western luxury. And 4 blocks from the local town.

Matt, Raphaella, Tony, and Sam made my experience perfect from Arrival to Departure. I will be back several times and I can't wait to relax again in style and Luxury.

Room Tip: Ask to have them stock you fridge with stuff from Wal-Mart. You won't spend a ton of money and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Wow what a great review thank you we work very hard to get these results.. its not easy to please everybody but now that we are fully functional everything is much easier.. We are glad you appreciate all the quality and amenities

Reviewed 28 April 2012

We stayed in Acanto on two separate occasions during our three week honeymoon in Central America. First for two nights before heading to Belize, and then for another five nights before heading to Cuba.

This place was one of the highlights of our trip, and without hesitation will stay here again when we return to Playa! From our check-in with Joel, the staff made us feel very welcoming and were very helpful throughout. The owner Matt had been in constant contact with us from the moment we booked and for the entire length of our stay, very friendly and great to chat to.

We stayed in the penthouse studio with our own private jacuzzi and bbq- what can we say? The room was second to none, brilliant to relax in for siestas and get a break from the sun, very comfortable and quiet at night. The rooftop was great for watching the sun set, especially on the evening we had our own private chef cook us a romantic meal :-). Thanks to Joey for the delicious dinner! Staying at Acanto, this is a must if you're after romance! In the very least though try out the food in his restaurant next door, Thorntons, great for lunch- he even bakes his own bread.

The location is briliiant- between the main restaurant/bar/shopping strip (5th ave) and the beach, so lots to do at your doorstep during the day, yet we found it quiet at night so easy to sleep. We took Ado buses up and down Mexico during our travels, and it was nice to be staying in a place close to the bus station.

In short, luxury with a friendly atmosphere, worth every penny! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Studio penthouse was great, perfect for our needs. Great to have the private rooftop access, very su...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
matthew c, General Manager at Acanto Boutique Hotel & Condominiums Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

We do everything possible to make our guests needs and desires happen to make the dreams a reality to help with weddings, honeymoons or reunions. Our services start from your first inquiry. We guarantee prompt service from the very initial contact with us through to the end of your stay.. That is how we have been trained and the only thing we know.. Give us a try email or call with any questions you have about your stay at Acanto Hotel

Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed at the Acanto Boutique Hotel for 2 nights and loved it! I walked in the lobby and felt at I had made the right choice. I am a yoga teacher so I loved the "zen" feeling of this hotel!! Gorgeous property, and THE perfect location in Playa Del Carmen. My husband and 2 kids (ages 12 & 15), stayed here at the end of our spring break after being at an all inclusive resort in Riviera Maya for a week. The staff and owner could not be any nicer and our room was spacious and comfortable (it is more like a small apartment). The location was perfect. Beach, shopping, and night life all just steps away!! This hotel can be anything you want it to be! It would be perfect for a romantic vacation (can't wait to go back without the kids), or fun for the family entire family! The only issue I had was that I packed too much for this trip. All you need in Playa del Carmen is a swimsuit for day, cute outfit for evening, flip flops (and sunscreen) and you are ready relax or play! It was the icing on the cake for us and we can't wait to go back and visit. Namaste!

Room Tip: One side of the property has an elevator and one side has stairs. If you packed to heavy or have iss...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed at the Acanto Boutique Hotel for 3 nights and loved the intimate setting alongside the popular pedestrian avenue. The service was very good - when we checked in the woman at the desk ensured that we had everything we needed for our stay. She helped us organize everything we wanted and made sure that we were conmfortable. Our villa was always clean and immaculate when we came home at the end of the night. there is 24 hour security behind the beautifully placed rod iron gates, I would reccomend this intimate stay for anyone looking for a calm, small hotel with excellent service

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple