“amazing visit”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“amazing visit”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

They are so accommodating! We had difficulties with booking one of our trips and Rafaela took care if it for us and arranged multiple trips which we asked. She was amazing and so kind. We had a hotel in the middle of the villa, so no view of the outside but we still had a little porch with a hammock. The hotel is also very environmentally conscious as you used your hotel key to turn on the lights, meaning all power went out as you left your room. Nice place and highly recommended.

2 Thank KarenC2012
matthew c, General Manager at Acanto Hotel & Condominiums Playa del Carmen, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
Rafaela and Joel are well trained and informed about all the tours, trips and restaurants in town which ensures that any guest will be satisfied with the experience ..

When designing and constructing the hotel we used all the latest methods to ensure that we are environmentally conscious. From using environmentally friendly materials to installing systems that control the consumption of water and electric, while not compromising the comfort of our guests.

Every unit has its own terrace or patio and some have their own hammocks. No matter which the guests love it. So we are glad you did as well..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 16 July 2012

recently spent some days at Acanto: it was a very good hotel in the heart of Playa but the most important thing is that it is owned by serious and attentive people,

I recommend Acanto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank matteo_ptr
matthew c, General Manager at Acanto Hotel & Condominiums Playa del Carmen, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank u! We take our customers and guests very seriously. Answering every email,question and go an extra mile for everyone. This is after years of training and experience in customer service our guests are made to feel at home and pampered in every way
Oxford, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I have not yet completed my stay here at Acanto, but would like to say that my experience with the Groupon reservation was excellent despite other reviews. The response to my questions posted on the Groupon site was immediate, and when I purchased the groupon and went to make my actual reservation, the response was equally efficient. There was no attempt to sell me an upgrade, and I was never told that the Groupon rooms were all taken. I think many people were trying to make reservations on short notice and during holiday times, and perhaps aren't used to being told that something isn't available! I also had several questions after I made my reservation and they were all answered promptly and with a great deal of patience. I am looking forward to my upcoming stay and then updating this review to include a great stay!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AllisonD495
, General Manager at Acanto Hotel & Condominiums Playa del Carmen, responded to this review, 15 July 2012
Thank you .We are very customer service oriented. We pride ourselves on excellent service from the very first contact with our guests . We look forward to having you at our beautiful hotel
Midway, Utah
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I purchased two 3 night reservation stays through Groupon for Acanto for a total of 6 nights. At first there were some miss-communications with the dates i would be staying there for my honeymoon. I was told they were available and so i purchased the groupon and flights and then was told they weren't. In the end the staff was super friendly and went out of their way to make sure they fixed the problem and seemed to care about making it right. I haven't been there yet but from talking to the staff they seem super friendly and the pictures i've seen of the place look really nice. I will write a review about my stay when i return in August

1 Thank Beckie1249
matthew c, General Manager at Acanto Hotel & Condominiums Playa del Carmen, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Hi yes we try to fix any issues or mishaps, of course with hundreds of reservations its not easy but one way or another we do. We recommend reserving the dates before buying the airline tickets especially a a smaller hotel like our where there is high demand and limited availability.

We cannot hold rooms without payment, but we are flexible if you need to change dates..
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I purchased the Groupon for the Acanto hotel in Playa del Carmen (great deal). When I was trying to book I was told that I need to send my information via email to make the reservation. Naturally I was nervous to do that, so I was told to contact the manager, Matthew. Matthew responded right away to my email and my concerns were accommodated immediately. They were very flexible and attentive. Even after getting a confirmation for the dates we requested, I got a personal email from Matthew a few days later to follow up and check if everything worked out to my liking. So far, the service has been A+!

I will follow up with a review on everything else once we go to Mexico - but in the mean time don't be concerned about purchasing the Groupon or contacting the staff because they are very helpful!

2 Thank Becky B
Matthew S, General Manager at Acanto Hotel & Condominiums Playa del Carmen, responded to this review, 15 February 2015
From the moment one inquires about our property our Concierge almost immediately responds via email or telephone which clear and precise answers to all questions a guest may have. We try to accommodate room requests, tours , excursions etc.
We work with our guests as best as posible so the positive experience begins even before they arrive at Acanto
Prescott Valley, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This will be my first time at this property. I went through Groupon, and must say the deal was outstanding. Prior to purchasing the Groupon, I contacted the property directly, and they advised of the reservation process through the Groupon. I also ensured that there was availability for the 5 days I wanted to travel in November. I emailed all of my requests directly to the hotel, and received confirmation shortly thereafter. I also received a personal phone call from Matthew advising that they have been busier than normal because of the promotion, and just wanted to identify and communicate this to me. I was very appreciative of this gesture, and the overall level of personal communication via email. I am very much looking forward to my first trip to Playa del Carmen!!

1 Thank Chris S
Thank you . We look forward to having you at our beautiful hotel
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I do not ever, ever write reviews, I enjoy reading them however I had to write this one. I purchased a Groupon deal for Acanto and will be using it for my birthday. I have read many positive reviews on this hotel and on Matthew not only online but via news sources. I am pleased to say that when dealing with a mix up in my reservation, Matthew as well as Joel worked diligently to correct all issues. They were pleasant and very timely in their responses via email, I have yet to work with any other hotel management in such a comfortable, relaxed fashion. I am now eagerly anticipating my trip at the end of September and counting down the days. I am not sure if I will meet Matthew or Joel but I would like to publicly thank them for being amazing at their job and ensuring that I will have a great birthday ahead of me. After visiting the hotel I will definitely write another review which I know will be positive.

1 Thank jina j
Thank you .We are very customer service oriented. WE pride ourselves on excellent service from the very first contact with our guests . We look forward to having you at our beautiful hotel