“My new home in Mexico!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Belize
“My new home in Mexico!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Every time we travel from Belize to Europe, we always have to spend a night in Playa Del Carmen and I'm sooo happy that I found Acanto Boutique Hotel!

The Hotel has such a perfect location as it is right at 5th Avenue, which gives you the opportunity to walk to all the stores and restaurants. They have a swimming pool, rooftop terras with Jacuzzis, offer tours and trips and have a spa right next door.

The hotel is FANTASTIC! The entire design of the hotel and rooms are so beautiful. They have the most comfortable beds, with such soft linen, that it makes hard to come out of the bed. As well their bathrooms are gorgeous. The shower is perfect and they have as well design soaps and shampoos available during your stay.

Not only the hotel is great, but the service and staff are amazing! From the moment you send Acanto an email in regards to availability, they take such good care of you! Joel was on top of everything!
When my daughter and I arrived at the hotel, we traveled for 24 hours, and we were exhausted... The super kind lady (I'm sorry I forgot her name) noticed that we were to tired to go out for dinner, and sent someone to a store to get food for us. Talking about amazing service!!!
Eduardo, the front desk manager was also amazing. He helped us during the entire stay. We even got a VIP Privilege Card, which gave us special discounts at various restaurants.

I'm sad that we only could stay for a short time, but also know that in the near future we will stay at Acanto Boutique Hotel again as we found a home far away from home!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Savano
Matthew S, General Manager at Acanto Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Welcome Home! Thats what well say to you next time you return to Acanto..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Located in a quite street next to 5th avenue and minutes away from the beach, Acanto is a great privately owned hotel. Clean and spacious apartments with free Wifi. Everything we needed for a break. The staff is genuinely nice and very helpful! And for the rate we booked and think you would get anything better

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Melvin v
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Acanto was in a great location - perfect for walking around town with all the shops and very close to the beach. The staff was very accommodating and the 2 bedroom suite was more than enough room for the 4 of us. I can't wait to go back to Playa del Carmen and will definitely consider staying at the Acanto again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stefanie H
On a quiet side street, our location is the most private and secure in Playa del Carmen. We are also walking distance to Beaches, shops and dining making the experience of staying in Playa a great one for any traveller
kbou1123
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was my second time staying at Acanto Boutiques. My prior visit was 4 years ago for my cousins bachelorette party and then I recenty recommended it again for my sister in laws bachelorette party. It has been recently renovated and expanded (not that there was anything wrong with it previously) so my experience was even better.The hotel is in the perfect location since it is walking distance to the beach, the clubs and restaurants. The staff was great especially Eduardo. He was there for most of the day and always took care of our needs in and out of the hotel. I look forward to returning very soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank kbou1123
Bayside, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My Friends and I had an amazing stay in the Acanto Hotel for a Getaway Bachelorette. The staff is super friendly and made us feel at home. They gave great recommendations on places to visit, restaurants and clubs. We stayed in a three bedroom villa with roof top and it easily accommodated 7 people. Eduardo and the staff greeted us with a smile every day. The location of the hotel is great its walking distance to the beach, bars and shopping. I am already planning my next visit to Acanto Hotel with my family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Vee M
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and the service, units, location and entire property were amazing! I travelled alone this time but it seemed to be a great place for families as well. I will definitely be booking to stay here again with my whole family!

Room Tip: Use their suggestions for places to eat!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MBtrvlr
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is my second time staying in a villa at Acanto Boutique Hotel. Was nice to see Joel`s friendly smile again when I arrived. Check in was quick and we were shown to our lovely villa immediately. All the staff are friendly and helpful with any needs or requests. The location is right around the corner from 5th Ave and a block from the beach....a nice quiet spot within walking distance for grocery or other shopping, churches, and local parks. The inside courtyard surrounded with beautiful plants is a very inviting and relaxing environment for reading, socializing or a refreshing dip in the pool. From the rooftop with more amazing plants you can view the ocean , enjoy a relaxing Jacuzzi or barbecue and enjoy your meal under the moon and stars. Eduardo and/or Joel were normally at their desks in the lobby with friendly smiles and hellos and always helpful hints on where to go next. Luis (manager) was also very friendly and helpful. Even the night time security welcomes you home with a smile. A lovely clean, quiet, friendly place to stay in Playa del Carmen. I have already recommended Matt (owner) to many friends and family. Thanks Matt and all your friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms face the courtyard Rooms with balcony on the street side can be quite entertaining
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank mesandie
It was a pleasure having you back at Acanto. Joel's smile lights up the entire hotel Rain or shine he's always smiling!!

Eduardo follows right behind as a professional concierge and reservations executive he as well is always upbeat..

The both of them personally check every room prior to check in to be sure they are prepared per our guests requests..

The courtyard rooms are the most private, hosting those who require more privacy however the entire property lends itself to privacy and security.

Our roof top is bar none.. Well see you again next year and you can be sure your experience will be as good or better each time