The Fairmont Mayakoba is a beautiful sprawling modern resort. It truly makes a great impression upon seeing it. It is really not as big as it seems at first. We found it very easy to get around. Lots of modern pools to go around and they all provided a nice ambiance. But what really stood above all was the wonderful service we encountered from everyone there.
We stayed in a Signature Casita in the 300 block and it was simply gorgeous. Our huge terrace overlooked the canals and it was so nice to go out there in the morning. The bedroom was great, so big and clean. The bed was super comfy as well as the pillows.
We ate at all the restaurants except El Puerto and we even had service at the pool and lounge (delicious sushi). The food was pretty good and the prices very reasonable. The service provided by everyone who served us was magnificent. There is nothing to complain about there.
We also rented a car at the Hertz on the property and drove down to Tulum. I would highly recommend it. You also do not pay overnight valet at the Fairmont if you rent from the Hertz on site.
There was nothing that was too big or too small for the staff to accommodate. They were great! Always with a smile, super polite and they remembered your name.
I would definitely stay at the Fairmont Mayakoba next time I visit the Riviera Maya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Fairmont Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen