My husband and I travelled to RPRM from October 19th-23rd for my birthday. We were overall very impressed with RPRM and will return one day. This is our 5th trip to the Riviera Maya area, we have stayed at two other Riu properties, Barceló Tropical and the Bahia Principe Tulum resorts. We have also stayed on the Riu Santa Fe in Los Cabos therefore feel we can give a fair review.
The front desk staff was amazing, pleasant and very helpful. We unfortunately lost our luggage and they took care of contacting the airlines and making the arrangements while we started our vacation. We had e-mailed the resort one week prior with dinner reservation and requested a room in a certain block since I did my research prior to our trip. They gave us our requested reservation but were not able to give us the room I requested..No big deal..that was just a nice to have...but did get a courtyard view room which I did not pay for the upgrade so I was very pleased.
The room size was adequate, the beds were comfortable enough for us and there was plenty of storage space for two adults. We had requested a room closer to the beach but instead received a room right over the main buffet area (room #3094) which was great. The view of the main court yard was nice and the resort is laid out nicely and is not a very big complex so any room facing the courtyard would have been adequate. The room was very clean, the maids did a great job keeping the room tidy during our stay.
The buffet was great and always had many choices as others have commented on. There is always a lot of fresh fish and seafood options for lunch and dinner. I took a picture of the buffet and entertainment schedule which I will post since I find that information valuable for planning your week. We went to Krystal and Brazilian restaurants. Both were ok, nothing over the top that is for sure. The 24 hour sports bar has the best cappuccino ever..different machine then the buffet.
Beach and Location:
This one of my favourite beaches, the nicest I have seen in the Playa del Carmen area. Lots of shade and loungers. The bar service at the beach was a little slow so would spend the afternoons in the pool area. The location is great too, nice walk to other Riu’s and nice walk into town.
All of the staff are friendly and over accommodating. The staff at the bar were over the top but we tip generously so are usually taken care of. The level of service at the Riu chains is what keeps us coming back time after time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen