We just returned from the Riu Palace RM. I don't want to belabor all of the things that have been said repeatedly so I will just keep to point. Our arrival was very welcoming, provided map of hotel with times of availability of restaurants/bars and welcome drink, very refreshing. We were given our room keys and towel cards and invited to have lunch while our room was being prepared. We requested King bed with rollaway and courtside view...we got it.
-Cleanliness: The hotel is spotless, enough said and I believe no one could dispute that.
We did the kitchen tour and that is immaculate as well. No fears here.
-Pool: The pool is cleaned every day and granted, there are some tiles missing, no biggie, get over it.
-The pool bar was fantastic, We miss all of you, Abel, Keike, Victor and Ciro....Thanks for providing a great time. No waiting for drinks and pool side/beach side service was great
Pool/ Beach loungers: no problems never needed to play the towel game. We were told the hotel was at 99% capacity and there were no isssues at all. First time we didn't have to rise with the birds to get chairs by the pool or in shade.
Sea/Beach: Just breathtaking. There are no words to describe the white soft sand or the blue/ greens of the sea. No need for shoes, no rocks what so ever, you can see clearly to the bottom. All sand and gentle waves.
Food: This is subjective to everyone, however I have a very picky daughter and she ate or tried almost everything and disliked very little. We thought the food was wonderful. Where else do you get lobster, shrimp, crab claws on the buffet? There was something for everyone every night and we didn't even need to eat at the reservation restaurants but we did just to try. We tried the Japanese and the Steak House, both were very good. If you are a huge eater and need to eat everything in sight, the buffet might be for you and not the ala cartes as the food is just an essential amount and not over gorging, that may be why people complain, but it was plenty for us. We enjoyed the surf/turf at the Steakhouse (Chili's) very tasty and the staff was excellent. Lunch was just about the same everyday, but we tried to mix it up by going to a different buffet each day so it wouldn't get boring. It was fine, no problems and we were satisfied everyday.
Bars: Drinks were plentyful and free flowing, no need to wait long and wether we tipped or not (we mostly did) the service was the same and the drinks were well made and with more than enough booze to satisfy.
I know I could go on and on but like I said I will try to keep it brief. We will be returning hopefully next year. We loved it and look forward to another great stay at the Riu. I hope you enjoy it if you try it. I see no need for a refurb of this hotel and I truly hope they do not make it look like the RPM. I do not like the mirrored disco look. Please Riu keep it real and traditional, for those of us who love it this way. Just upgrade the Air Condidtioning, yes.....that is lacking to a point. It would help with the humidity and I am sure make people less grumpy looking for things to complain about that otherwise might not be an issue...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, RIU Hotels and Resorts, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Atrapalo, Stayforlong S.L., Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen