Stayed 31 May-14 June 2014. Travelled with Thomson holidays U.K
This was our 3rd stay in 5 years and probably the best.
Fantastic hotel which has been well described by many other posts. What really makes it stand out is the extremely friendly hard working staff.They will do anything to help you enjoy your stay and all seem so proud to work there.
Many varied choices of food and something for every tastes.The themed restaurants are fun and again food is top notch. If you don't like it then pop round to the buffet restaurant.
Food and drink is coming at you from all directions, the restaurants,beach BBQ,sports bar and even room service,remember your on holiday so enjoy it all !
Rooms are in need of modernising but again this was not an issue in the slightest.
The beach is absolutely stunning,white sand,green ocean and palm trees,great for photos.
So no one has mentioned the musty smell for a while which is good,well don't even consider about worrying about it, yes you will notice it when you first get there but it soon disappears,so don't let it even be a consideration in choosing this hotel.
As I mentioned the staff really make your holiday and its hard to point out individuals, anyway I am going to. Big shout out for Victor, Isais and Big Joe great guys great service.
If you want a luxury holiday where you are treated like royalty then this is the place to go.. Enjoy !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen