Hotel Playa del Karma
US$265
US$229
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$320
Melia.com
US$320
US$301
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$413
US$344
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$564
US$415
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
US$211
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$806
US$702
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,434
US$940
Bookit.com
All reviewssmall poolsmall hoteltwo blocksluxury hotelworked finerental carair conditioningwater pressureavenuenativomexicowalmartjungle
Reviewed 26 January 2013

this hotel is not worth the price. all the time no internet, only in the lobby. the "warm"-water was cold. all the time. the boy at the reception willing to be nice, but an not do anythig. "I will ask the manager and let you know"... and i just wnt to know why the TV did not work...
the sink in the bathroom has a hole, so the floor as wet the hole time.
If you want to have Bad-Hostel-Service for a High-End-Hotel-Price
here you are right

Room Tip: take another room in another hotel, that will make you happier
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lara v
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I'm sorry but I have no idea where all of these five star reviews are coming from. This place is quite sad. First thing I had to do was use the ladies room and I noticed a roach in the shower. OK, the staff then gave us Raid which was conveniently located under the desk. The internet was poor and the safe did not work and I have slept on floors softer then those beds. We went out for dinner and came back to the room which was full of creepy crawly insects all over the floor. Pool looked like a hot mess also when we finally got to see it in the morining. I still cant believe that expedia has it listed as a 3/5 star hotel. We stayed for one night and had to go elsewhere. The management was kind about the early check out but unless you dont mind insects and jail beds then there are much cleaner Hostels less then a block away.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Iheartravel13
KarmaHotel, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Playa del Karma, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

We are very sorry for all the inconvenience!!!!

Now if you allow me I will take the opportunity for all the possible clients that read this. I always recommend before making any choice of where to have your vacations to get informed of the characteristics of the place you are planning to visit, because it’s not good only to see the pictures that we see in the agencies, portals or web pages, because they will always show you the prettiest and the positive things of the place, like the wonderful ocean, but they don’t show you the hurricanes; the abundant fauna and the amazing gardens, but they don’t show you the mosquitos, spiders, ants, jackos, or even the cockroaches that are there; people with great bodies semi naked having tons of fun in the white sand, but they won’t tell you it’s 40 (Celsius) degrees with a 100% of humidity; there are also personal aspects that you should also have in mind before making any reservation on your vacations; for example, if you have any kind of phobia or if you are allergic to any type of mosquito or bee or insects.

That’s why I insist, to avoid having a bad time, you should really pick well the place, the service and the quality that you wish, and how moch you can pay. the success of your vacations depends on 5 factors. 1. WITH WHO YOU TRAVEL (personally I barely make trips with my parnet because I like to visit museums and he likes gourmet restaurants and we always disagree) 2. SELECTING THE PLACE (season of the year that plan to visit and the weather conditions etc) 3. THE SERVICE YOU ARE HIRING (air companies, hotels, restaurant, tours, etc.) 4. THE ATTITUDE YOU ARRIVE WITH (we recommend to have a lot of patience and always to see the glass have full) 5. LUCK (an unpredictable factor but with a good positive attitude ALMOST always can favor you). !!!!!!!

It’s also very important to have on mind that whoever is giving you a service in the hotel are humans, we are not exempt of making mistakes and it’s also not cool to treat the personal in a rude or aggressive way especially when you don’t like to be treated that way, since nothing justifies that kind of attitude. It is possible to express or say what you need without being disrespectful and also no need to exaggerate things or make a huge drama!!!!

I know that our hotel its not meant for every person since each person has different demands and tastes!!!, but to all the people that is looking for a basic, clean, excellent location, nice garden, quiet place with a respectful and kind service at an accessible price, we ask to think of PLAYA DEL KARMA HOTEL!!!!! If what your are looking for is an hotel in front of the sea with huge installations, hundreds of guests and thousand of activities, you should look to an all inclusive resort, if you like luxury and wish that the installations look spectacular, gourmet restaurants and want console, then you should hire a 5 stars hotel, or if you want a particular place with few people and personalized service the ideal is a boutique hotel; always remember that the services and installations go accord the price your are paying, it is incomprehensible to arrive to a hostel paying 15 dollars per night and complain about sharing bathroom or room or arriving to a 3 stars hotel pretending that the service and installation will be a 5 stars hotel. Still I can also assure even if staying in 5 diamonds hotel you will still have mosquitos or ants or cockroaches …. Or a week with bad weather because of some storm or hurricane!!!
You will avoid a lot of problems if you are honest and put your expectations and requirements in accordance to what you are paying, that way you will avoid ruining your vacations and also avoid making people feel bad witch the only thing that they want is for you to have a good vacations and a good stay at the hotel and they do not have any responsibility of a bad choice and remember that everything has a solution it all depends of the attitude if the problem gets bigger or how much you allow to affect you.

We really hope this recommendation helps someone for your next trip!!!!! we appreciate all the comments (especially the bad reviews) HELP US TO BE BETTER and we will take into account and hope all of you have a great day!!!!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

The people are very nice, so I'll give it an average rating. I returned after exactly two years to the same room. Only this time, the a/c was not working. They moved me to a different room with a very loud a/c but it was a cheaper room with no tv so they refunded me $10. In the new room, the safe didn't work and had to be fixed. The room price includes 30 minutes of free internet, but the lobby computer wasn't working. The pool was murky, as it was last time. I decided to go elsewhere and they refunded the fee I paid for the second night. It was a nice place two years ago, so I hope they get things working again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank trebex
KarmaHotel, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Playa del Karma, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

You are right as we inform you when you get to our hotel, we are doing a remodel in general to improve the conditions of the rooms and facilities, it is not easy try to don´t disturb, specially when we have guests at home, this is why, we are very clear with the guest about our hotel conditions and the customer taked desicion to stay with us or changing hotel like in your case. In November, we expect to complete the remodeling and the rooms and facilities will be improved and so I invite you to visit us again to verify this, we were one of the first hotels in Playa del Carmen we opened in 1994, and everybody needs renovasrse always and we are not the esception, sorry for the inconvenience .... and we hope see you soon again in differents conditions !!!!!! Thank you for your comment !!

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Rooms very clean, super beds. Relaxed and calm atmosphere in the bustle of Playa del Carmen.
Free beach tickets to Mamacitas beach club each day, so you get free access and beach lounger.
Shower and bathrooms rustic but clean. A/c ok if you need it (we are from So FL so it was just nice). Staff very friendly and helpful .

Short walk to beach (10-15mins), and the party streets, but far enough not to be bothered by the noise there either.

Would go back in a heartbeat..

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sjcdwright
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Incredible location in a walkable distance from most of the places in the city. Beatiful and extremely clean room with all necessary facilities. Top quality services and kindness of the owners made this vacation unforgetable. Indicated for groups of friends as well as for families with kids. I already miss that paradise.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family