Wow! We really enjoyed staying here in Unit 212. First off, it was great for family because it has two pools, so my son practically swam in them the whole time. The kitchen and the bedrooms made it ideal for a family as well.
The hotel is right by the main area of attraction, so we were able to eat out anytime and enjoyed the restaurants. However, they weren't as cheap as you would think they might be if you wanted to go to the nice restaurants, so we loved having the kitchen in the condo to make our own food (we shopped at the local Big M) and ate on the patio table listening to the sounds of the fountain. The patio looks out at the lush courtyard and one of the pools/hottub (which never had more than one or two people in it). There were two bedrooms and two bathrooms, so that was perfect as my husband and I were actually on a sort of honeymoon and we liked being able to have our own time ;-).
We were one block from the beach, so we walked down there frequently (they give you beach towels to use). My son played in the sand, but it didn't end up in the room because it was a block away. I ran on the beach a few mornings, but also worked out in a nice gym which they allow you to use, which is attached to the building.
There is a lot of nightlife near the hotel, but we tended to be to bed early and woke early so missed most of it. However, we never heard any activity at night from our room. The inside of the condo was beautiful, modern and the floors were stone (I am not a lover of carpet). The kitchen had appliances and there was a tV and DVD player. The cleaning people and concierge were outstanding and kind (they found someone to sew a torn hem on my pants).
We rented a car for two days in Playa del Carmen (rather than the airport) and took it to Tulum, Rio Secreto and Punta Laguna nature reserve. And of course, we went to Chi Chen Itza. I think renting one in town and riding a shuttle to the airport is the way to go costwise. The shuttles were fairly cheap but the airport car rentals were really expensive.
We are going again in the future but will bring mother-in-law with us and feel like this will be the perfect place to stay because of the fair amount of space. We will definitely ask for the same room again, because we like that it was in the courtyard (no stairs), yet very private with all the foliage. THanks much for a great vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The focal point is a Sanctuary reminiscent of a tropical rain forest. There is even a "State of the Art" Gym and Fitness Center right on premises. Porto Playa features 1, 2 and 3 bedroom penthouses and condominiums. All the Penthouses have their own private rooftop terrace with BBQ outdoor kitchen, heated Jacuzzi some with spectacular partial ocean views. Centrally located in the heart of Playa, Porto Playa is only one short block from the beautiful Caribbean Playa del Carmen beaches and famous 5th Ave. Perfect for beach weddings, honeymoons in Playa del Carmen , families and business groups and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel And Beachclub
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen