Blue Parrot 5th Avenue
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel El Tukan(Playa del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riviera del Sol(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
BRIC Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Soul Beach Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
El Patio Hotel & Suites(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Coco Rio Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
  • Free Internet
Koox Hotel Banana(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Luna Blue Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Fiesta Inn Playa Del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2011

From 7am until 8pm, there were workers chisiling concrete in the roof of the hotel directly above our room. Apparently the management thinks that it is OK to rent out the room directly below this kind of activity, and charge high season prices to boot. Not a good place to stay if you are looking for a peaceful and quiet nights sleep.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sexysailor
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I've used TripAdvisor reviews so many times in the past to make decisions when it came to booking great, value hotels during our annual Christmas/New Years vacation with fantastic results. We always stay at what I would describe as a "value" hotel, nothing fancy, just the basics, with a good location, price and service such as the Legends hotel in Negril, Jamaica, and this is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write a review because an aspect of our experience was very different from those I read and I just felt like I should let folks know. The location of the hotel is good as far as its proximity to the beach (1 block) and being right on 5th avenue. The room was also clean. HOWEVER, every single night, from about 11pm to 6am (not an exageration, I was awake the entire night save about 1 hour each night and just passed out on the beach the next day) the beach bars blarred house music so loud that if felt like it was coming right from the room next door. I just want to be clear, it was not just a feeling of the bass of the music, it was as if we were actually in the club. We like to party, but if we return to our hotel at 2am we are done for the night and I can't really explain the feeling of how loud it was EVERY NIGHT. If you are ok with that, other than the service being a little slow and not fulfilling some simple requests (fixing the air conditioner) than bon voyage, but I just felt I would feel bad not posting this info so that anyone planning a trip has as much knowledge about the property as possible when booking. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank LISH5000
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We were meeting friends in Playa del Carmen - we arrived 2 nights earlier than they did and
we booked at the Blue Parrot on Fifth Avenue. Staff very friendly, rooms very clean and the location was excellent. Stepped right out onto Fifth and all the restaurants and shopping but since the hotel is in a courtyard garden it was really quiet at night. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachgurl77
Reviewed 12 October 2010

If you want to stay in the middle of it all this is your spot! Our room was huge. The staff was super friendly and we could walk to anywhere from great food,to a fun bar ,to the beach all with in steps. Our only complaint was running out of hot water if you like to take long showers

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hunter9700
Reviewed 9 July 2010

A friend who has been to Playa del Carmen recommended this hotel to me. It was awesome! It was right off 5th Ave. where all of the action is going on...when we got there it didn't seem like anyone was working but the "front receptionist" was just hanging out at the front of the hotel and came and ran back to help us. Everyone was soooo nice!!! Totally great vibes, so mellow and there for service but just hanging out at the same time. All of Mexico is like that really. Anyway, it was awesome, I loved the ambience of the place. It was like entering a jungle with the vines draped around the main "lobby" of the hotel. The room was cute, it wasn't anything luxurious but def just the right fit for a beachy, jungle paradise, type of trip. Of course it was soooo loud at night b/c of all of the partying going on out on the streets. I don't think any hotel you stay at in Playa near 5th Ave. will be quiet and serene. C'mon, it's 5th avenue! Anyway, I def recommend this place. Great bang for your buck!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple