We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now, and each time the service from the staff has been exceptionally poor. The hotel itself is more than adequate, very much top-notch Holiday Inn standard. It is modern, clean, has a nice pool and provides a great breakfast service. It is quite well-located being on the fringes of Playa.
During our last stay here, we booked online before arriving at the hotel, as we wanted a speedy check-in. Unfortunately, when we arrived the hotel did not appear to have received the booking via Expedia. The staff were not especially helpful and had us waiting for nearly 30 minutes at the reception desk without apology, whilst they tried to track down our booking. The two young men on reception were definitely lacking in the customer service element of hospitality, to the point I felt it was almost downright rude!
We also had an altercation in the following morning with one of these gentleman 'Omar' when we were leaving. My husband asked Omar to order us a taxi mini-bus as we had a lot of luggage. Their courtesy shuttle bus pulled up and their driver loaded our luggage and was ready to take us down to the ferry. We thought Omar had called the driver, but he then made the driver unload the luggage, telling us we had to get a taxi and that the courtesy minibus was not for travel to the ferry dock. Even the driver seemed surprised.
So we asked (yet again) for Omar to order a taxi, and 10 minutes later a small taxi-car pulls up! Useless as we had about 10 bags with us. Luckily the taxi-driver managed to radio and sort a taxi bus for us.
This experience certainly tainted our perception of the Holiday Inn at Playacar, and I do not think we will stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath and relax as you settle into our newly renovated Wyndham Garden Playa del Carmen hotel nestled in the heart of the Riviera Maya. We are minutes away from the famous Fifth Avenue, and within close proximity to theme parks, archeological sites, and beaches. Rest in the lush comforts of our spacious guest rooms with abundant amenities including luxurious bath essentials; free high-speed WiFi, and flat-screen HDTV. Celebrate your special events including romantic beach theme weddings and elegant receptions in our 3 vibrant event rooms, or outside in our glorious gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Playacar Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Express Playa Del Carmen
- Express Playacar Riviera Maya
- Holiday Inn Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Holiday Inn
- Wyndham Garden Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya