No, it is not on the beach, but an extremely clean hotel. Not a 'resort' type setting, so if that's what you are looking for, this isn't for you, you will be dissappointed.. We knew we'd be doing day trips to Akumal, etc.. so figured this would work out for us and it did perfectly.
Staff very accomodating, as soon as I asked for something - towles, etc.. they were brought up to room within minutes..Decent spread for breakfast - mix of Mexican and American offerings. I noticed there were people waiting to replenish the fruits, etc.. as soon as trays on buffet became empty. Hot foods (eggs, etc..) were hot. The hot chocolate is wonderful!!
The shuttle DOES leave when it is supposed to (don't have to wait around for it, etc..). I can understand why there is no shuttle back from beach. They use a lovely new mini-van that would get trashed with sand, bathing suits, etc.
Beach Club (coco maya) appears to be one of the older beach clubs, not as fancy as some of the others and you can't swim directly in front of it (boats docked there), but the staff there were wonderful and they make the best fish tacos.!! Their beer was a little on the high side but just pack a cooler back with store bought corona's and you'll be all set. They didnt' seem to have a problem with us having our own drinks..
We stayed four nights with teens and thoroughly enjoyed it. Pool out back was refreshing to sit by in the afternoon for an hour or so. Wish there were more seating options out back thoug and that we could have sat out side after returning from dinner but they close the pool area at 10 - my guess is so there are no noise issues with guests. This appeared to be a hotel geared toward tourists and local business travellers. No problems with college kids making noise, etc..I suspect that would not be tolerated here..
Next trip to Playa would gladly stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath and relax as you settle into our newly renovated Wyndham Garden Playa del Carmen hotel nestled in the heart of the Riviera Maya. We are minutes away from the famous Fifth Avenue, and within close proximity to theme parks, archeological sites, and beaches. Rest in the lush comforts of our spacious guest rooms with abundant amenities including luxurious bath essentials; free high-speed WiFi, and flat-screen HDTV. Celebrate your special events including romantic beach theme weddings and elegant receptions in our 3 vibrant event rooms, or outside in our glorious gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Playacar Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Express Playa Del Carmen
- Express Playacar Riviera Maya
- Holiday Inn Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Holiday Inn
- Wyndham Garden Playa Del Carmen Mexico/Riviera Maya