We stayed here for 1 night before heading deeper into Playa del Cramen for a vacation. We stayed in the Queen Cabana, which I believe is less updated than most of the other huts. The location is right by the Grand Sunset Princess, and just off the beach. It is a bit of a walk from the main highway, so a ride is recommended if travelling here from the airport.
The accommadtions we stayed in were pretty basic but for the price we paid, it was fair. The nicer rooms cost a bit more per night. For the one day/night we stayed here, we hung out by the pool, strolled the beach and ate in their restaurant. The food is excellent here and the foliage and ambiance are very relaxing.
If I could make suggestions, my only complaints would be that the Cabana should be equipped with a small safe and mini fridge. It was a bit annoying having to take all our valuables with us everytime we explored.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in lush tropical gardens, Cocos Cabanas has 6 cozy Bungalows (3 Queen ,1 King and 2 Junior suites), an outdoor Swimming pool and is just 10 minutes walking or 3 by bike from the beach. All bungalows have A/C, Ceiling Fans and iPod docking stations. The Junior suites come with King Bed and a Futon , Kitchenette, Fridge, Micro, Coffee-maker and all Boutique amenities .The bungalows are built in a typical local style with thatched roofs made of dried and woven palm-tree leaves. They all have tiled flooring and private bathrooms with a shower or bath. Cocos Cabanas offers both Mexican and international cuisine, including pizzas made in Coco's wood-fired oven(Lobster-Pizza), grilled Shrimp, Lobster and Steaks and a range of Mexican appetizers and Main dishes such as Mole poblano, Guacamole,Mixiote, Ceviche or Quesadillas. Guests can relax in the sun loungers or hammocks by the pool, go snorkeling or explore some of the nearby Mayan ruins, including Tulum or Chichen Itza. Ferries to the island of Cozumel leave from Playa del Carmen, about a 20-minute drive from the resort.Just Relax we do the rest!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Cocos Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco`s Cabanas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Cocos Cabanas Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen