“Relaxing, Good ambience, feels like locals...”
Review of Hotel Cielo

Hotel Cielo
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
HKSAR
“Relaxing, Good ambience, feels like locals...”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Cielo for 4 nights. I got a good deal pay for 3 nights and 4th night free. Rooms is very simple and yet comfortable..Had a wonderful mexican breakfast..!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce W
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Thank you yOj for your review. We now know we are getting it right, this is just what we want ..... everyone to feel like a local, comfortable enough to go it on your own with confidence ....and its easy, as long as you have the right info...and we have it. We at Hotel Cielo have invested the time to research this so you can have everything you need to have a great vacation experience. And we hope you & your husband return soon, to take advantage of our, " every fourth night free", promotion again.....it ends soon. Thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo.
Steven Krisztin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Good location, decently clean , cute and simple with a great terrace up top to take in the scene. Great deal on food at their restaurant carboncitos and good food:)

• Stayed May 2011
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Thank you sandriloqui for taking the time to write your review. I see by your past reviews you have been to Playa many times , so we are delighted that we were able meet your expectations & thanks for calling calling us great....we like to think so as well. We look forward to seeing you when you choose to return. Thank you for staying at Hotel Cielo.
Dulles, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Cielo for 4 nights while we were visiting Playa del Carmen and a few close-by attractions in Mexico. The staff was professional, friendly and very helpful. The front desk receptionist helped us with every question we had, everything from visiting nearby archeological sites, to restaurants to eat at. We were also greeted by the owner, Steve, and he helped us with every question or issue we had. Our room had an issue with the shower head, so we were quickly provided another room, which was an upgrade from the previous room.

The hotel is conveniently just one block away from the beach, next to the walking strip with restaurants and shops, and has just about all the essentials you need: beach towels, free wifi access, safe boxes, etc. I plan to come back to Playa del Carmen sometime in the near future, and when I do, I'll be more than happy to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Thank you KJN135 for taking the time to write your review. Perfect !!! This is just what we are trying to accomplish....I told you we were bringing back great customer service. We love the fact that you felt you were well taken care of, remember, mi casa su casa !!! Also, we are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us & we are more than delighted that you have decided to return, we look forward to seeing you then. Thank you for staying at Hotel Cielo.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We were only on this hotel's property for a few hours, as we'd been staying elsewhere in Playa del Carmen, but we accidentally left our camera on the premises. It wasn't until we were in the car on the way to the airport--and running late--that we remembered the camera! As soon as we could, we called the hotel, and it turned out they not only had the camera safely put away but that they also were willing to ship it to us very quickly. Steven, the owner, was nothing but lovely, and we can't wait to go back to Playa del Carmen to spend more time at the hotel. Also, and this isn't a minor point, the restaurant associated with the hotel--Carboncitos--is delicious. We went twice. Their shrimp + bacon + cheese dish is something we're going to dream about.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Thank you reesespiece for your review. This is what a great vacation experience is supposed to be like . It is terrible to loose a camera, especially when all your beautiful memories are inside. We know that you are on vacation & this is why we try so hard, for all of our guests to return home with a great experience. We were just happy that we were able to help. The Cielo team is delighted that your vacation ended with some more good memories. Hope to see you in the future.
Steven Kristin
NYC
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My second time here. I love all the improvements since my last stay, it shows that these people care about their property. We stayed 4 extra nights, that should really say it all. The room was clean, spacious and everything worked well. Good bed, great a/c, ocean view from the balcony and a wifi that worked 24/7, which is rare in this part of the world! Playa is SAFE to travel! This is important to note with all the negative press Mexico is getting in the US media. There is no trouble in Playa. The greatest asset of this hotel, in my opinion, is the staff. We got to know Steve the owner/storyteller and most of the frontdesk staff (thanks for all the beachtowels!) and housekeepers aside from the peeps in the restaurant. Location wise this place is situated a block from the beach and right by all the good shopping. Super quiet at night unlike some of the places down the street that are exposed to all the noise fro the clubs. Steve hooked me up with some fantastic restaurant recommendations and set me up with a local dive school to get PADI crtified, like a concierge in a 5star resort! Haha ! Thanks Steve! Hey, I'm looking forward to my next stay here, I hope to be back in January.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Thank you NYCisgood4me for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted that you chose to stay with Hotel Cielo again. And we appreciate that you mention Playa's safety. This is important, many guests are concerned about he negative press but as anyone can see from our reviews & other hotel reviews as well, safety has never been an issue. Thank you for staying at Hotel Cielo, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay & look forward to seeing you in the future.
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Spent a week there. As it was my 2nd time in Playa del Carmen, have a chance to compare places I've been staying at. And I would say- I am in love with this hotel!!! Totally! And I do know that if I will ever go back, there is no doubt I'll choose the same place :)) Such a friendly people, (Steven- thank you for everything), but mostly- the atmosphere at the hotel is not even describable. Me and my mother were enjoying it more than a lot!
So, thank you for such a place! And best wishes in future!
P.S. Will definitely suggest your place to my friends! :)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, 23 July 2011
Thank you Madarar for taking the the time to write your review. We know that you traveled a great distance for your vacation & we were delighted that we were able to help create an enjoyable experience for you & your mother. And just so you know....we love this place too, and we are pleased that you noticed this as well. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest & we appreciate that you will be recommending Hotel Cielo to your friends. Thank for staying at Hotel Cielo.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 June 2011

A big thank you to the Steve and the staff at hotel cielo for making my stay a truely amazing and memorable one. Clean and comfortable rooms with a smile around every corner, after only a few days there I felt like part of the "familia". Centrally located only a few minutes to the beach and all sorts of shopping made Hotel Cielo the perfect place to stay for a few nights or a long week. The front desk was full of suggestions and helpful hints as to the best places to go or things to see. I know where I will be staying for all my future vacations in the Maya Riviera.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
Thank you 60878Matt for your review. We are happy that you experienced a memorable time with us here at Hotel Cielo. And we are more then happy that you felt like family, this is exactly the feel we are creating here. Thank you for staying at Hotel Cielo & we too hope to see you sooner than later.