Hotel Cielo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Olive Hotel & Boutique(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel All Riviera(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Peter Pan(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Posada Sian Ka'an(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mimi del Mar(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Hotel Vista Caribe(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hacienda del Caribe(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Popol Vuh(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Casa Tucan(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
All reviewsrestaurant downstairsrestaurant carboncitoschose hotelthe hotel's restaurantquaint hotelbalcony roomado bus stationmexican charmstreet noiserooftop barhot waterrestaurants and shopsbeach towelslocation was perfectfifth avenueceiling fanminute walk to the beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2011

From the moment I walked in to Hotel Cielo I knew I had made the right choice. The staff was great, very warm and friendly. The rooms was great and the food amazing. Everyday was better than the last and the only negative I have to say was that I didn't stay longer. We were given great places to visit and activities to do from the staff. There aren't enough words to describe what a great trip we had and we have Hotel Cielo to say thank you for it!!! Book your next trip here and I promise you won't go wrong!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EddieMD
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

EddieMD, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We Love your title & we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Cielo. We really appreciate the recommendation & we hope next you can stay a little longer. Thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Loved Hotel Cielo ! Theyhad a promo when I booked online so our fourth night was free and then we had an upgrade on our room when we checked in - we had a balcony and partial view of the beach .The room was clean and the staff are wonderful ,friendly and helpful .For an affordable price Hotel Cielo offers you the best basic accomodations you need . The weather was terrible when we arrived but we made the most of it and enjoyed the tours, views and local food ..thanks to the tips that Steve ( the owner ) and Miguel Angel gave us . Playa is a safe place to visit to and will definitely come back and Yes I have already recommended this hotel to my friends and family !

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alexie810

Thank you alexie810 for your review. It was a pleasure to have met you & I am glad you were able to take advantage of our special promotion, the every fourth night free is one of our hottest specials during low season. Miguel sends his regards & we look forward to seeing when you return.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

My wife and I wanted a short stay in Playa del Carmen after a week of relaxing on the beaches down the coast in Akumal.
We returned to Hotel Cielo for our second stay there in 18 months. We like the small boutique atmosphere of the hotel. We were given the keys to our room, by the friendly guy at check in. and we were happy to be back. This hotel is situated perfectly in the heart of the action, just off 5th ave. The rooms are nice and bright, our balcony overlooked 4th street. the staff are very accomodating, and helpful. (make sure you ask for the beach club access, for Mosquito beach club.
Check out the rooftop patio, great views of Playa, and the sunset.
Los carbonitas in the hotel, is a good small resturaunt, and breakfast is included.
We met one of the owners of the hotel, and we talked about our trip, and Mexico in general. Playa Del Carmen, and the Yucatan is a wonderful, safe vacation destination. The Mexican people are very friendly and helpfull, if you speak a few words of spanish, they will like you even more.
Another great visit to Hotel Cielo..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Markp779
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Thank you Markp779 for your review. We really appreciate that you choose to return to Hotel Cielo, it makes us feel good, because its then that we know we are doing something right. The friendly person at reception was either Miguel or Obed, both are great assets to our little hotel & they both enjoy helping all our guests to create a great experience. It was a pleasure to have met you both & I as well enjoyed our conversation. We are delighted that you & your wife enjoyed your stay with us & we hope to see you in the future. Thank you for staying with Hotel Cielo.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

What can I say, a great time and vacation to Hotel Cielo. The location and friendly staff are a true pleasure and simply made my stay wonderful. The combination of value and shear beauty of the area combined with the local flavor is not to be missed. The location is close to everything and makes the day and evening blend perfectly into each other. Can't wait for my return trip. Hope to see you soon!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Larry C
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Thank you Larry C for taking the time to write your review, we really appreciate the kind words. We are very pleased that you had a wonderful experience with us at Hotel Cielo. And you are right.......the local flavor shouldn't be missed, Playa has so much to offer, World Class Scuba Diving, Amazing Cuisine, Incredible Mayan Culture & Architectural Ruins, Excellent Nightlife, White Sand Beaches with the Caribbean Sea or just relaxing with us at Hotel Cielo, what ever it is, you can fin it here in our little paradise. Well Larry C, we are glad your Dr. prescribed Hotel Cielo & we too hope to see you soon. Thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

I travel with my brother to travel Mexico. We walk the street and find Hotel Cielo, so nice. The building is a Mexican style with many different kind of rooms. The location great, very close to beach, many restaurants. Good night life many things to do. Hotel is quite at night which is good, many other hotels are near night life and very loud, Cielo is 5 minuta walk to go. It is also good because not far from many ruins, 2-3hours away, so nice to come back and swim after trip. People in the Hotel Cielo very nice, they know alot to do. The owner very nice to, tell us many things to do,swim with whale sharks, visit a giant cave you can swim in, so beautiful. I say to my a brother I feel like home, he agree and when we come back from a Merida we stay again. We tell all our friends and family about Cielo.

Room Tip: Room balcony beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank roberto l

Ciao Roberto, thank you for your review. We are truly happy that you & your brother had a great time with us at Cielo & that you had a chance to see what the Mayan Riviera has to offer, Ek Balam is where you went, the ruins there are so Magical & recently discovered , so it is well preserved, the cave at Ek Balam & swimming with the whale sharks ...... are equally as incredible. You have an excellent trip planned ahead as well & we were more than happy to have assisted you in you journey. Hopefully we will get to see you upon your return & yes you are now part of the Cielo family, come as a Guest, leave as a friend. Thank you for staying with Hotel Cielo