A friend and I stayed for 3 nights over a weekend in May. The location was great for our short last minute trip. I won't recommend staying for a week. It has the basics, no frills (no pool or gym)but clean and well kept. Something to note about Ave 5 in La Playa is that it's all walking street no motor vechicles, which was cool.
- Location - very short walk from the ADA bus terminal which we took from Cancun airport. There was a park near the bus terminal too where locals and tourists can hang out and enjoy mexican snacks from the street vendors.
- You can see the beach from the 4th st walkway from the front desk.
- the beach is just 2 blocks and the sand on this side is much cleaner and the water level is just right
- You are very close to Ave 5, where all the bar, restaurants, stores are. But this is one end of Ave 5 its not central to all the boozy or crowded tourist action if you are looking for that. We enjoyed it even if it was walk a bit to get to Mamacitas.
- AC works great
- Awesome helpful staff. Edgar was very helpful is telling us how to get to a local restaurant and mapped it for us.
- Decently priced
- One of the reviews mention the beds were lumpy. but I found it rather comfortable and i slept well
-No breakfast but the restaurant next door has discounted rates with the hotel
-no scenic views from the rooms. You will need to use the curtains to shut out street lights from coming into the room at night as well as the hallway lights or you can just turn the hallway lights off.
-Rooms are dimly lit and not well laid out or just small. in our room, the mirror was behind the flat screen tv. Every room is laid out differently and came in different sizes.
I'd recommend this place for a short trip. If you are not looking for luxurious amentities, there are plenty of other hotels too that may provide the same or better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Cielo is a cute little boutique style hotel located steps to the beach, in the heart of the "Original Playa." Our rooms start as low as $69 per night, balcony rooms with Caribbean views start at $109. Come see why people rave about our incredible value, friendly service, comfortable rooms and Highly Rated restaurant,Carboncitos. 50% Off Breakfast Included only with Direct Hotel Booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cielo Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen