6,455 results
All reviews rodeo grill bruschetta main pool sports park foam party tao restaurant aroma restaurant swim up room room service double shower plaza bar swim outs swimout room fire show casino night a la carte restaurants water shoes
Reviewed 25 June 2018

A fantastic holiday in a beautiful hotel. Our first experience of all-inclusive and we will definitely do it again. So much food in the buffet - you were always spoilt for choice. Theme changed daily. Four different al a carte restaurants to choose from - the steakhouse was our particular favourite. Multiple pools to choose from including a party pool with games and activities as well a quieter one - both with swim up bars. Staff couldn't do enough for you, always cleaning and tidying, asking if you'd like another drink or if there's anything they can do for you. We got the hotel shuttle into Playa del Carmen - worth a trip for only $8 USD return. Room perfectly clean, air-con was good and strong (we turned it off a couple of times because we got too cold!), double-shower and double-sink a nice touch. So much space, including a huge bed, couch, table and chairs and another set of chairs and coffee table on the balcony. We ventured into the sister hotel a couple of times for a look, but were ultimately glad we paid the little extra for the adults-only one. Lots of seaweed on the beach, but workers constantly out clearing it up - we mainly stuck to the pools anyway so wasn't an issue for us.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LK4567
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This was my 8th trip to Mexico and my first at this resort and I absolutely loved it! It is the perfect adult only resort that is just small enough to be quaint and big enough to be anonymous. The service, food and entertainment were fantastic and I owe it to these employees and others: Buffet – Bryan in the morning and Karem for dinner and my great chef Iran (that made me delicious bass every evening); Pool & Entertainment: Mario, Johnny, Angie, Irving, Ivet and Laura and can’t forget the great Bartenders and their talent: Abnar and David. I have been to other adult only resorts that only have a section closed off to adults; but this is a true adult only resort. Beautiful, contemporary and isolated from the sister resorts next door. After dinner and before the entertainment, I especially enjoyed browsing (and purchasing) photographs from around the world, taken by an extremely talented photographer – Gaston B Duarte. Absolutely beautiful! My room was great! I was in the 2200 block and faced swim-ups of other rooms. Very elegant. Two things I would recommend to change would be the temperature in the room (a bit too warm to sleep at 22 degrees) and the over-stuffed pillows (a tad too high). As for the beach . . . well, Mother Nature took a small bite out of it, so it wasn’t the best, but, of course, that is no fault of the resort. I usually try to go to a different resort each time I travel to Mexico; however, this is the one resort that I will return to. My pet peeve would be the smokers at the pool .. . please have some consideration for the majority who are not smokers and go to the side to fulfill your need. Other than that - I'll see you next year!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank gailmexio2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent Hotel Service was Wow Lobster in the Buffet the Food was Delicious there is food even for the pickiest person lots of restaurants included in the all inclusive quiet pool Party Pool Foam Party on Saturdays entertainment was 5* i Really Recomend this Hotel I can’t Wait to go Back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriel89k
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this resort from June 16 to 23 room 5027. The room was really nice this is the platinum swim out jr suite. The patio was spacious and the pool was great. Very quiet at this resort not a lot of people the
beach had a mass amount of seaweed,unusable, so we had to go to the resort next to us which we could access because it’s the same hotel chain sunset princess the beach was ok there are more people (we stayed at that resort feb 2018)
I think platinum is where you want to go if you want to relax. The food was actually really good we went to the rodeo grill, and Tao which was great. Thursday we had lobster at the buffet which was included. We also ate at the seafood at sunset and paid 600 peso each for 2 huge lobster for me this was the best restaurant the portion were huge

Platinum has a club and outside bar which was nice we also watch Mexico defeat Germany 1 0 in the theatre, there were a lot of people watching and they provide food and drinks.

the service on the entire resort was first class the staff was very friendly and accommodating I would come back again but would check status of beach before booking in future.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 5 days at PYP and enjoyed our vacation for the most part. The positives were the delicious food at the buffet, there was lots of variety so you never felt like something was missing or you wanted more. We ate there almost every meal and the service was fantastic too. We stayed in a swim out room, which was lovely and we would highly recommend. If you want a quite building, then go for building 1 as we were the furtherest away from the main “party” pool and had lots of privacy and quite time. It was only less than a 5 minute walk to the restaurants so wasn’t a big deal. The only issue is they should have more towel exchange places around so you don’t have to make sure a long walk to get fresh towels.

Now our biggest complaint is the air conditioning in the rooms. It is basically non-existence as the A/C should be working to take out the dampness in the room. It blows out cold air but everything is damp and disgusting. You end up sleeping in a soaking wet bed and it is so uncomfortable, feels like you are in a tent outdoors with cold air blowing. Nothing ever dries inside either so bring lots of bathing suits if you don’t want to be in a wet suit the next day. The furniture and fixtures are really also showing a lot of wear and tear. They should be fixing these things to reflect that PYP is a 4-5 star resort. Even around the resort, things are not as good as they should be, like the missing tiles in the pool, walls around the resort are scuffed and broken, etc.

Other than the A/C and the general up keep of the rooms/resort, we thought PYP was good overall. But those problems were too huge to ignore and the A/C made our nights extremely uncomfortable (the fact that they won’t do anything about it is completely incomprehensible. The A/C is set at 22 and that can’t he changed at all!!). We’re here for a relaxing vacation and we value or rest and sleep so that was just awful being waken up each night in cold sweat and soaked sheets. If you’re ok with that, then this resort may be a good choice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple