“Amazing”

The little Teapot
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: You may first think that "tea" and "Playa Del Carmen" do not go together at all but think again. Other coffee shops gets plenty of people wanting a hot brew or caffeine during the day. Our local caffeinating spot offers hot and cold drinks including coffee. The really interesting thing about us is the 157 teas we offer, and you MUST smell them. The smells of the teas are amazing. We personally love the almond cookie tea that evokes memories of Mom making sugar cookies. The hostess working here will give you a tour of the teas and guides you to what you are looking for and explain the differences. The experience is nice and you have a great place to sit and watch 5th Avenue pass by as you sip on your hot or cold drink. In addition to tea we offer home made cupcakes, really special peanut butter cookies, wraps, sandwiches, salads, yogurt cups, and juices. The peanut cookie its the speciality of our store and It a delicious homemade cookie that will blow your mind. With nice touches we have added to our terrace we are sure you will have a memorable experience stopping by this local, one of a kind place. This is the best place for tea in Playa Del Carmen.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My boyfriend loves tea and this place does not disappointment. We both got ice teas a few mornings and walked around town. Very cute little shop. Didn't try the food so can't report on that. Very cute place to start your day

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stumbled upon The Little Teapot while jogging down 5th Ave in Playa Del Carmen. Amongst the tourist laden souvenir shops, typical mexican fare and even a few Starbucks sits the cutest place ever The Little Teapot. I'm not a coffee drinker so this place was up my alley! They serve a variety of teas from the savory to the sweet which can be brewed hot or chilled. The decor literally stop us in mid-jog with lush greenery, white wood and an ecletic variety of little tables and chairs. The decor is so inviting and the perfect spot to enjoy the happenings on the Ave. And did I mention the homemade sweets! We had a peanut butter chocolate oatmeal bar that was to die for. The owner is the cutest and I just love her spirit and style.Definitely a place to check out while in Playa.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Visited this little establishment the middle of May and was pleasantly surprised. The front area next to the 5th avenue walkway was green turf with little round tables all laid out behind the teapot display. The front door opens up to wall to wall large round tins filled with assorted flavours of loose tea. My friend and I sampled two different varieties of tea and had them cold, along with one of the famous homemade peanut butter cookies. Next visit we will have to purchase two cookies so to have an extra one for later. The menu had salads etc. but we were only stopping for a drink. Will definitely visit this quaint place again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Discovered this place because we were looking for dessert. Found these Oatmeal cookies with homemade peanut butter in the middle. OMG!!! They also had ice cold milk to go with the cookies. Best cookie EVER! Also, the service was amazing. Laura was the nicest and most genuine person you could ever find. We went back the next night and had them again. The decor and huge antique doors from Spain added to the lure of this place. I don't drink tea but I might go back next time and try some. I bumped into Laura on the beach the next morning walking and talked about her move to Playa. A beautiful person inside and out. Will go back again. I hope this place does well. Best of luck ladies!!!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

While there in February I frequented this little shop on a daily basis to get my Peanut Butter cookies fix An absolute must. Do not miss this magical spot on 5th Ave. you will not be disappointed.