My husband and I, usually takes a sunny trip down south this time of year and we usually try to stay at different resorts every time.
As our trip neared, I was doing more research in tems of what there is to do around the resort.
To my dismay, there were so many BAD reviews of Blue Bay, that I actually considered changing my reservation...
I am very happy to say that my husband was right..."there are ALWAYS people that complain unnessesarily"!!
There was unfortunately a few hiccups, our room key did not work, and even though we payed extra to have an ocean view room, we were initially accommodated in a NO view whatsoever room.
Luckily this was sorted out swiftly and without difficulty.
Our stay overall was wonderfull and relaxing.
The Italian, French and buffet restaurants were of very good quality and we enjoyed the variety of food available.
The hamburgers at the pool was amazing, especially after spending a day in the sun and surf.
The seafood restaurant on the other hand was disappointing and sub par interms of menu selection, quality of food and service.
We did use the spa facilities and each had a swedish massage which was wonderful.
The staff over all was very friendly and helpful, as well as our hotel representatives with BD travel.
There is some minor improvements that could be made to improve patrons experience.
This suggestions is what my husband and I discussed:
- It would be nice to have a room key each.
- We would have appreciated receiving WiFi free for all our devices, only one device gets free WiFi.
- Some music round the pool would make quite a difference to the holiday atmosphere.
We had a wonderful holiday, I think some of the bad reviews might be a bit harsh, but there is some room for improvement!
Would we go back, I think we would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in an area of 445 acres in a prime position on the beach on the Riviera Maya, BlueBay Grand Esmeralda combines elegant Mayan features with contemporary design and a wide range of service to suit the most discerning traveller. BlueBay Grand Esmeralda provides a relaxed atmosphere for holiday makers. The hotel features 979 elegant and well-appointed rooms and suites with the option of a sea or garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelbag and Hotelopia so you can book your BlueBay Grand Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Esmeralda
- Bluebay Grand Esmeralda Hotel
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Mayan Riviera
- Grand Esmeralda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Resort
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Beach Resort Spa
- Blue Bay Esmerelda
- BlueBay Grand Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen