“Beautiful, friendly,totally relaxing!”

Hotel LunaSol
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful, friendly,totally relaxing!”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We were lucky enough to have 6 days here in May 2011. I actually chose the Lunasol because the reviews on TA had been so consistently good.I was pleasantly surprised to find it all true. We were very happy for our holiday here to totallly relax (after 4 hectic weeks in USA and Cuba) This was our wind down time. The hotel has a beautiful pool area (which was never crowded), nicely designed and spottlessly maintained. We had a 2nd story room overlooking the pool area... witha lovely canopy of tropical blossom for our privacy. One thing that stands out at the Lunasol is how friendly (and helpful) the staff are...I believe they are all family and it seems that everyone working in the buisness, from reception to house-keeping, to garden & pool staff, are all friendly and happy, as tho they genuinely enjoy their jobs.....This transfers across to feeling more welcomed and comfortable in this space (well done to the management for achieving this)
This rooms are large enough and nicely decorated. Fridge worked really well for ice etc.
The beautiful, modern outdoor kitchen was also an added extra bonus.
The location suited us perfectly as well, so central... but also so quiet, definately a special find! Thanks for having us.

Room Tip: I prefer the upstairs rooms
1 Thank hneesh43
Meancy, Propriétaire at Hotel LunaSol, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Dear Hneesh43,

Thank you so much for your review.

It feels so nice to see that people think that we are all family in the hotel.
Actually, 5 employees + the security guard are not ''real'' family.
But we consider LunaSol as a big reconstituated family and it's a pleasure to see that our guest feel it.

We hope that your flight back to Australia has been good... and we can't wait to welcome you back again!

Nancy & Victor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Niagara Falls
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I spent the first two weeks of May at Hotel LunaSol in Playa del Carmen.I have stayed at LunaSol many times over the past few years and it has become my other home. For me it is exactly what I need and love.For many years I stayed in mexican resorts that are wonderfl,but always wanting to not feel like a tourist..When I discovered LunaSol it was what I had been wanting.There is nothing I can say except good things,there are no negatives as far as I am concerned. LunaSol is perfect for me and I will continue to return there whenever possible. The hotel is small and cozy,extremely clean and has all the amenities that a person would ever want. The staff are not only very kind and friendly,they are knowledgeable in every aspect of life in Playa.Any questions you may have they can answer.Any situation you need help with they will help you.The staff ,including the owners ,work as a team and the guests are their first priority. There aren't enough words to tell you how wonderful I find LunaSol to be.The location is so perfect,as you have already read in other reviews. It is my hope to return for another visit in the New Year.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Meancy, Propriétaire at Hotel LunaSol, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Dear Patty,

You are so sweet to have take the time to write us another review.

We miss you so much...particulary for Victor's birthday!

Your papayas are getting great! The sun flowers are very nice too.

We miss you....can't wait till january to welcome you back again!

Hugs,

Nancy
New York
Reviewed 31 May 2011

It's a very quaint and lovely little hotel. The decor is very rustic and simple but very nice. It may not have breakfast but it is only 3 blocks from the beach and all major and local restaurants.
The reception staff in particular were very helpful. We arrived not having researched enough about the area and were amazed at the number of things to do in the area and around it. We got very good recommendations for restaurants outside the (overpriced) tourist areas as well as tips to use collectivos (mini vans) for transport between areas along the main highway between Cancun, PLaya del Carmen and Tulum.
I would definitely stay there again if I were to go there.

Room Tip: We preferred a room on the 2nd level instead of o.
Dear Ajvi99,
Thanks for your nice review!
We are very happy that our recommendations were up to your expectation.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you again in our little part of paradise!

Menomonee Fall WI
Reviewed 19 May 2011

We stayed the first week of May, 2011 and couldn't have been happier with our choice of lodging. Our room (one king bed) was very roomy and I wished that I could have tqken the spacious shower home with me. I'm tall, and it was the first time in a long time that I encountered a shower head that would have even been good for a very tall man.
The front desk staff was very friendly, and we kind of felt like we were coming home after each of our treks out into town.
The location was just a few blocks from great little restaurants, and there was a nice little fresh produce shop on the very same block. Awesome for breakfasts.
The pool in the fully enclosed garden was very pleasant, and never crowded like some of the larger hotels. The fully equipped kitchen/bar outside was an really nice option for days at the pool (we kept all our snacks and drink ingredients close) We also saw a family be able to sit down poolside and have a full breakfast without having to get everyone to a restaurant.
We will definitely be going back to the Hotel LunaSol!!!

Room Tip: garden or pool-both would be great.
1 Thank patti_dachel
Dear Patti,
I'm so glad that you said that you felt like home...it's our main goal at LunaSol, be your home in Playa del Carmen!
I'm happy also that you enjoyed the shower! If you need plans for your futur bathroom, let us know! hihihi
Thanks to mention that they are good restaurants for breakfast so close of our hotel.
A lot of people are looking for hotel with breakfast but we tough that with so much choices around that people will prefer to have a lower price and have differents choices for breakfast.
When are you coming back at your Carribean home?

Johnson, Vermont
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Everything about this hotel was great for me and my family. Traveled with a 4 year old and an 8 year old. The staff ( Victor and Aldon[pardon my spelling of your name])was extremely friendly and very helpful in planning for our day. The ladies who made our rooms spotless everyday were so kind to us and our kids, thank you!! We were able to park our rental right in front of the hotel and everything we needed was walking distance. The pool area was beautiful and clean and was regularly water tested while we were there.It was truly a treat to find a small hotel with wonderful service and people who smile every time they see you!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dsha802
Dear dsha802,
Thanks for your nice review!
We are happy to know that you and your family had an amazing time here with us.
Have you learn how to make the animals with the towels for your kids? hihihi
You'll have to come back soon so that your kids can play in the pool and watch the turtles while you'll get towel folding classes!

Reviewed 8 May 2011

If you are looking for something a bit more low key than the insanity of the mega-resorts with genuine personal service, it doesn't get any better
Lovely rooms, clean spacious and well set out and just a 2 min walk from the beach.
Perfecto!
Gracias

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Memphismum
Meancy, Manager at Hotel LunaSol, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Dear Memphismum,
Thanks for your review!
Thanks to people like you, one day more people will travel in small hotel and learn about the country they are visiting!
There are small hotels like us that are clean, good location and wonderful staff!
And it's not because we are not ''beach front'' that we are far of the beach.
A lot of big resorts ''beach front'' have a shuttle to go to the beach!
In Lunasol...just a 3 min. walk and you are on the beach.
We trully hope to see you soon again!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 4 May 2011

My boyfriend and I just returned from a truly delightful stay at LunaSol. The rooms were clean, and the beds were very firm and afforded a great night's sleep. The hotel staff was super friendly and had lots of suggestions for dinner, beaches, snorkeling, car rentals, among others. The pool was really lovely, housed in a tropical back sitting area. We took full advantage of the kitchen, which served as a nice place for guests to gather and talk to each other. We definitely enjoyed it. For the price, we don't think we could have done any better, which was really important b/c we were definitely on a strict budget. Even if I had more money to spend on a place to stay, I think I would probably go back to Hotel LunaSol anyway!

Room Tip: upstairs rooms have nice, high ceilings
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank klsyking
Meancy, Manager at Hotel LunaSol, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Dear Klsyking,

We are so glad that you had a good time with us and that you enjoyed our recommendations.

Thanks to specified that you enjoyed the kitchen beside the pool. I think that it's a good extra that we offer to our guests... cook when you want and meet people!

We hope to welcome you again soon!