“Highly recommended”
Review of Hotel LunaSol

Hotel LunaSol
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend came across this hotel upon arrival in Playa Del Carmen and were immediately captivated by its ambience and beauty. We managed to negotiate an extremely reasonable rate (thank you slow season!) and couldn't have been happier with our room, deciding to increase our stay from two nights to four. This hotel has everything one needs- air conditioning + a fan, hot water, cable tv, huge comfortable beds, free wifi, a lovely pool and unlimited cold drinking water and coffee! The tv especially proved handy during the short bursts of rain! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and overall we had a very pleasant stay, deciding to come back one more night before catching our flight home. Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This little hotel has its charm so do not hesitate and take further information.

Here is my summary of my experience:
Pros:
+ Near 5th Ave. (5 Mins. walk distance) the most concurred and famous avenue in Playa del Carmen. You'll find a lot of stores, bars, other hotels and restaurants along the avenue.
+ The staff is friendly, serviceable and speak at least English and Spanish (although I think there is one of them that speaks German too, but I recommend you to contact the hotel manager for further information).
+ The price is reasonable for what you get. However, we had to ask for the soap and shampoo once in our entire stay :-)
+ Peaceful pool. Be aware that the hotel is small thus the pool is small too. I'm pretty sure the hotel was designed for relaxing purposes (far away from the noise of crowded streets such like the 5th Ave.)
+ A/C and ceiling fan worked pretty fine. Believe me, this is very important in places like Playa del Carmen.

Cons?? Just of couple of them:
- Illumination in bathroom: This is something should be improved, since there is a thin wall dividing the toilet and the bathtub, the bathtub side is not well illuminated.
- The neighborhood: I have to confess the first time I got there I was afraid of the neighborhood and how it looked, but then I realized most of Playa del C. is alike.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool have direct access to it, rooms near the lobby has a private balcony/terrace, so...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jenocafa
Reviewed 27 July 2013

A few blocks from the ocean and 5th Avenue, which worked out nicely. Simple but clean rooms, and helpful staff. Pool was fun for the kids and we used the poolside kitchen to heat leftovers one evening. Definitely a good value.

Room Tip: Only 18 rooms, I'd guess they all would be OK. They have thick adobe style walls, so noise shou...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

LunaSol was great. The front desk staff was super helpful. The layout of the hotel is simple and well thought-out, and attractive. They have a pool and a communal kitchen. Rooms are really clean and sufficiently spacious. I was really impressed.

Also its location in Playa is very convenient to the beach and the pedestrian mall.

Room Tip: I'm not aware of any bad rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stumbled across this property after staying at a few different hotels in Playa. Their staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, comfortable beds and pillows, great cable tv, super nice bathrooms. I love the location as its a few blocks from 5th st and only 4 blocks from beach. It is in close walking distance to Walmart, ADO bus station, laundry, and bank. There are great small tacos places and other cheaper food options than eating out on 5th. Wifi works throughout the property and the pool is fantastic. They have a communal kitchen too, but the mini frig in room works great. Great security after hours. It is more than I usually pay, but very reasonable for the quality, amenities and location and peaceful and quiet!!! I had a discounted rate due to slow season, but would pay full rate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Hotel Lunasol was everything I was promised. It's less than a three minute walk from the main strip and the bus station. The rooms are spacious, WiFi worked well, and there was even hot water. The big plus was the pool with a kitchen area that we used to make ourselves some breakfast. I recommend any value orientated people that want some peace and quiet when they sleep. Great for families.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The LunaSol was the first hotel we stayed in during our three week trip around the Yucatan Peninsula and since we liked it so much, we came back at the end of our trip ;) .
The rooms are spacious and offer air conditioning, a fan and a fridge as well as a table and a big wardrobe. The bathrooms are large, especially the showers and I really liked the swing door for the toilet ;-) . Everything is very clean.
We enjoyed the (also very clean) pool with its different depths, the jacuzzi and the hammocks as well as the free WiFi around the property and free coffee offered in the mornings. They also provide purified water 24h a day.
If you don't feel like going out for breakfast, buy fresh fruits around the corner and prepare them in the fully equipped kitchen. This also comes in handy if you should get tired of mexican/yucatecean food and dining out one day...
The LunaSol is just two blocks from the Quinta and three from the beach, which allows for quiet nights but is definitely close enough to the action (you won't even walk for 5 minutes to get there). Also close by are the Colectivo-Stop to Tulum, both ADO-bus terminals, several supermarkets and plenty of restaurants.
But best of all is the extremely friendly and helpful staff!! They answered all questions, directed us to good restaurants and just "cared", making us feel very welcome. Big thanks to Fernando, Roberto and Nancy!!
Two minor things: A few hooks in the walls would make it easier to keep your stuff organised and the fridge switches on and off with a relatively loud noise.
But anyway I'm happy to recommend this hotel and would come back if I ever get back to Mexico!!

Room Tip: We liked the downstairs rooms adjacent to the pool as it was great to have a terrace and direct acce...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends