The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersGold level
Stockholm Sk
“Paradise”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is a beutiful resort,the rooms are very clean and has many luxury items! The grounds right to the ocean are imaculate and the pools are gorgeous. The resort has many convienences, stores,restaurants,spa and others. Good Times !!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny !!
1 Thank Sheldon F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,013)
  • Greek first
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed in the full room (2 full bedrooms, full kitchen and two pull outs in living room). They can lock off one part for a smaller room. Service was fantastic. The beach was beautiful and the pools roomy. We were there in high season and it still felt like there weren't alot of people around.

It is a time share resort so it is quiet and great for families. They have great activities, and the restaurants had very good food. There is also a small conveniece store in the lobby that carries everything and is at reasoable prices.

The location is very convenient and close to downtown Playa Del Carmen. Daily room cleaning except on Sunday's. They have a wonderful concierge service that booked one of our day tours and billed it to our room.

My one complaint was that they wanted me to buy an internet pay card just to print out my boarding passes for my return flight home. I was a bit annoyed due to most resorts or hotels having a computer station dedicated for boarding passes or will do that complimentary. Even if I had to pay $1 for the paper it was printed on. But to buy a $10 internet usage card for that??? Minor I know...

We are talking about going back next year!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dubi43
Camilo_Royal_Resorts, Community Manager at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to write your review. Your comments are very important and help us serve you better.

I passed a copy of your comments to management and was informed that they will reinforce with Front Desk staff the fact that resort guests can print their boarding passes without having to buy a prepaid card. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Having said that, I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words towards our service and facilities.

We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you back soon.

Warm regards from the Riviera Maya.
Whippany
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This was my first time to Mexico and to Royal Haciendas Resort.

I had a great relaxing time. The staff at the resort were the best! You never needed anything they had it ready and waiting for you.

I can't wait to go again.

Annie & Albert Barsanti

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We own 1 week here. we also own at the Royal Sands in Cancun. I find the staff at the Sands friendlier but otherwise it's a great resort especially if you have kids. Los Murales Restaurant really surprised us because we ate there after it opened and wasn't impressed. This time we gave it another try and the food was excellent and service was very good. Now if only they can fix the problems with their Wi-Fi and internet service!

Wis
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I can't think of anything I wished for that the Royal Haciendas didn't have. The grounds were pristine, service was impeccable, food was the best I have ever had, room was beautiful and extremely clean....I could go on! The beach was so well kept, very secure, and never felt busy. The happy hour can't be beat. Guacamole and salsa were so delicious! Our honeymoon will never be forgotten thanks to the wonderful environment that this property provides!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
milwaukee
Reviewed 15 April 2012

First let me say that I travel enough and am picky enough to not give great reviews without it warranting it. The Royal Haciendas was a great resort. I purchased through Expedia with a pretty good rate.

THE HOTEL was beautiful. The grounds are so beautiful and clean and the staff cared for it every minute. It was so clean. The pools are warm, clean and fun. That's where we spent most of our time. Plenty of places to lay and no need to stake claim on seats at 8 am. The beach might not what be what you expect. The minute you step in the water, its VERY rocky. Not at all like a Caribbean beach that you'd expect. I cut my knee and wouldn't let my son play like he would have liked. We are not members and the only time we noticed that was the Sunday (which was Easter) Welcome party when all members get free drinks for a couple hours. This really is a family resort. Plenty of organized activities for kids to keep them busy. Now with that said, its dead after 6 pm. Nothing to do except take a taxi to Playa. The staff was extremely friendly.

THE ROOM was magnificent. Probably the best room I've stayed in without paying more for a suite. One note - the floors are extremely slippery when wet and my son slipped and fell pretty hard. Be careful! Also, the air conditioning unit is a bit too loud when it starts throughout the night. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

THE FOOD - Good, but not great. The buffet could mix it up a little. It got repetitious after 5 days there. The pool restaurants had good food too.

PLAYA DEL CARMEN - Get reservations for the shuttle early. You'll definitely want to go to Playa. We went a few times and and had to take a taxi back ($13 USD and a 15 minute car ride) but it was well worth it. Very lively and crowded with plenty of places to eat.

ACTIVITY - We did Xplor and it was amazing. I've done Xel Ha and Tulum in the past and that was boring in comparison. I highly recommend this day trip.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite was large and had a good view. (North)
2 Thank milwaukeemissy
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We traded in through II. e had a large 2 bed 2 bath lockoff unit.
Nicely furnished.
The grounds and pool areas are beautiful. Beach a little rocky for swimming.
Beachfront restaurant so so.
Free shuttle to town, great choice of restaurants.
I'd come back in a heartbeat.

1 Thank MikeWeb