We have now stayed at the Royal Hacienda five times, and we look forward to returning next year. We are owners and we always feel as though they really mean it when they greet us with, "Welcome home." The staff is friendly and the service is always outstanding. The resort is always beautifully kept, with the staff starting early in the morning getting the areas around the pools spotless and the seaweed cleaned from the beach. We used to make the trip into Playa for groceries at Wal-Mart, but the savings are not so great that it's worth the hassle for just two of us, and definitely not worth our time away from the beautiful beach. One of the things we really like about the Royal Hacienda is that no matter how full they are, it never seems crowded. This last trip we were there when all the units were full, and yet we never felt rushed to get a place at the beach or a chair in the pool. Happy Hour begins at 3:00 and drinks are half price; the Banana Monkey is the best! We enjoy eating at the pool restaurant--lots of good choices even though the menu isn't that big. The prime rib buffet night at the main restaurant is very good, worth the money. If I had any complaint about the Royal Hacienda it would be that there needs to be another choice in restaurants for the evening meal. The pool restaurant stops serving at 5 and closes at 6; however, there are plenty of places to eat in Playa, and if you sign up soon enough for the free shuttle, you will only have to pay for a cab for the ride back to the resort (the shuttle stops after 6). Use Thompson Travel for the airport transfer to the resort, but it's cheaper to use a cab for the trip back to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen