Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$351
Bookit.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$385
Hotels.com
US$486
Bookit.com
  • Free Breakfast
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$248
US$218
US$302
Barcelo.com
  • Free Breakfast
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$451
  • Beachfront
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$413
US$771
Melia.com
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$747
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$183
HotelsClick
4,284 results
All reviewslos muralesthomas mooretime sharelap poolsdive balamtaco partyall inclusive packageall inclusive guestsfull kitchenwelcome partyshrimp tacosall inclusive planpool barroom servicefree shuttlepersonal conciergechange rooms
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I want to first of all start off by saying that the Royal Haciendas is a beautiful resort. There are a variety of amentities and it is a gorgeous location with very well-equipped rooms. Nonetheless, we had a very disturbing experience.

My wife and I went there to visit our daughter and grandchildren in June. My wife had a stroke several years ago and was left paralyzed and in a wheelchair. We had exchanged through II to go to the RH for two weeks. Before we even booked the room, we made certain it would be handicapped accesible and we were told it was not a problem. We even sent an email to the resort and called to confirm that the notes were in the system that we needed a walk-in shower, a step stool for the bed and a chair for the shower. My wife physically CANNOT get into a bathtub shower.

When we got to the resort, everything was wonderful until we got our room. It was a bathtub shower. So, we called the front desk and they said they didn't have any walk in showers, that if we wanted one we would have to upgrade to a suite. The cost to upgrade was going to be $1500 USD!!!!!!! I told them this was not acceptable and we wanted to talk to the manager. We were on the phone with him for 20 minutes. He never apologized for the problem and just kept saying that it was company policy that, since we came in through an II exchange, we would have to upgrade. I explained that my wife physically could not take a shower in the room and he did not seem concerned. When I asked him if he expected my wife to be without a shower for two whole weeks, he repeated the policy and said we would have to call II. So, we spent the next almost three hours of our vacation on the phone with II. The conclusion was to either a. move us to a resort an hour and a half away from our daughter's house b. put us in a mandatory all inclusive that would cost over 4500 usd for the two weeks (in addition to what we already had paid) or c. check out and cancel the reservation (and have nowhere to sleep). Obviously, the best option was the first, but with my granddaughter's school schedule, it would be impossible for us to be so far away, unless we only wanted to see them on the weekends. And we did not fly all the way to Cancun to see them on the weekends...

In the end, nobody could do anything for us, but at least II apologized for the problem, while the resort was downright rude. We saw no choice to unhappily stay at the RH.

I understand that Mexico is a different country and different laws, nonetheless I do want to point out that what they did was illegal in the US. My wife was so depressed due to the situation that she stayed in the room crying the first day and everytime we mentioned going out, she would cry and say she couldn't because she couldn't shower properly. I had to shower her outside at the pool, the resort made no offer at all to remedy this situation and the truth is that this is downright unacceptable in any country of this world. What a dissapointment! If it weren't for what happened, we would recommend the resort, but we just think this is downright unacceptable...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
15  Thank Travelingkitty78
Camilo_Royal_Resorts, Community Manager at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Dear Guest:

I'm very sorry to read about your experience. I will be contacting you directly soon to request more details about your stay in order to follow up with management. We take pride in the service provided to our valued members and guests and will look into any incident such as the one you report.

Best regards from the Riviera Maya,
Camilo Olea
Community Manager
Royal Resorts

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Just returned from Haciendas a few days ago.

Much has been said about this resort--namely that it's HUGE and spacious villas are absolutely flawlessly clean and well-appointed with everything one would ever possibly need and perfect for families.

We own here--a studio--and were able to trade up into a 2 bdr/2bath via Interval International at the last minute!

Our 2 bedroom/2 bathroom Villa was SO large for the 5 of us (me, husband, 2 kids and mom) that my mom basically had her own "wing" of the villa/ own apartment with her own balcony, bathroom, kitchenette and powder room. Woah.

My favorite details about the villas here are the hot tubs on the patios, the huge powder rooms and the kitchens which are equipped with every.thing. From pots and pans and bowls and glasses and toasters to unexpected things like blenders and bottle openers.

Favorite details about the resort: 4 pools and 2 huge jacuzzis. Kids activities. Los Murales Restaurant. 1/2 off drinks Happy Hour.

The ONLY thing that fell short of perfect at this resort and annoyed me was the WEAK INTERNET SIGNAL. Say what you want about the fact I shouldn't care to be connected while on vacation blah, blah, blah. Well, the fact is I do like to be connected and sometimes NEED to be for work. The wi-fi in the rooms is weak and inconsistent and I could not connect 70% of the time. The strongest connection is on the....beach! Seems really backwards!

I strongly urge the Haciendas to take some money from that landscaping budget (immaculate) to ensure the Wi-Fi in the resort is consistent, as this is a common luxury for most who will vacation there.

Lastly, I will mention the restaurant at the resort Los Murales. As a very critical foodie type, I will say the food here is amazing. It could exist anywhere in the world and be amazing. I have uploaded many food photos from this restaurant and from Haciendas in general because when I was researching I found very few food photos from the resort.

Some tips:
- There is a coffee shop at the Rotunda bar; this is not obvious.
-Room service food is good and a much cheaper alternative to the buffet restaurant if you find yourself needing to eat at the resort.
-The shrimp tacos on the beach menu are amazing!
-Coconut shrimp in Los Murales may be the best you've ever had.
-If you go into town and want a less 'touristy' experience, try places OFF of Avenida 5. We ate breakfast at a place called El Jurado--right across the street from the Mega grocery store--and feasted (5 people) for less than US $30.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nutmegtune
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Only had a few days to spend at the Haciendas this year but the 4 days were terrific ones. The pools and pool areas are immaculate with very good service from the staff. The gym still needs to be expanded when it comes to size but the equipments if tip top and the price is very good. Ate at the "new" signature resteraunt and everything was superb! And of course the people of the Haciendas and the people who use the resort are simply the most polite and acccomdating.

Room Tip: you don't get a choice of room but every room has a nice view of the ocean and or the pool. Because the grounds are so well managed the view is always pleasant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Our experience began with Santiago greeting me by name when I stepped out of the shuttle from the airport. It really feels like you are returning "home". The Villa's are large and beautiful. The grounds, pool and beach are kept very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have several events to welcome members which is great. We enjoy sitting by the ocean taking in the wonderful views,reading a good book with a refreshing drink in hand. The nearby golf course is great and it is fun to visit nearby Playa Del Carmen for shopping, great restaurants, and entertainment. The dining experience at the Los Moralas restaurant was amazing with great food and over the top service. We can't wait to return with our family!

Room Tip: Most rooms have great ocean views. Try to get closer to the ocean and a higher floor if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 27 August 2012

we have been here fo three days, what a great choice! I was worrried about coming to Mexico because of all the stories I hear on the news. This place is tight with security, extremely clean annd customer service abounds! We can not say enough good! We came through Interval...we are so lucky. You must make this a choice, the beach, water ,rooms all wonderful!!!!

Room Tip: there is a grocery store close by caleed Mega, very good! we never stay on the first flr brcause our kids are
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family