Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$628
US$427
  • Beachfront
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$361
US$297
Barcelo.com
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$247
US$218
US$486
US$467
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$355
  • Breakfast included
Playacar Palace(Playa del Carmen)
US$718
US$630
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$879
US$747
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$424
US$356
US$990
US$665
Priceline
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$172
Cancelon
4,279 results
All reviewslos muralesthomas mooretime sharelap poolsdive balamtaco partyall inclusive packageall inclusive guestsfull kitchenwelcome partyshrimp tacosall inclusive planpool barroom servicefree shuttlepersonal conciergechange rooms
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Just returned from a week at RH and agree with all the great reviews I read before we went. Everything was excellent and couldn't find fault with anything.All the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to make our stay wonderful. Rooms were very clean, property kept immaculate. Breakfast buffet was reasonable and delicious with many choices. We also had 2 dinner buffets that were excellent. Our last night we ate at Los Murales and it was superb in food, presentation and service. Our concierge Arturo also deserves mention as he is great at his job-- very friendly and accomodating. Recommend this resort to anyone

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Just returned from the Royal Haciendas. This place is beautiful and huge. If you like being surrounded by water and lovely landscaping, you will love this place. This is a timeshare. If you plan on having most of your meals in the room, you should be fine. There are a maximum of 2 restaurants open at a time, with limited menus. The Palapas Restaurant was fair. There were 7 of us traveling together. 2 had dinner at the seafood restaurant and were not impressed. The restaurants at the pools (open daylight hours only) were good. If you need nightly activities, skip this place. There is nightly dancing, and that's about it. They have a free shuttle bus to Playa Del Carmen that stops running at 6:30 pm. You must take a taxi back for about $12. Also, you need to make a reservation for the shuttle.

The staff at the resort are very friendly and accomodating. The rooms are magnificent. Every room has a view of the beach. There is water everywhere. My room was towards the front of the hotel. My view was from pool to pool to pool to pool to ocean. It's a great place to just relax. They even have lots of hammocks to lay on.

If you do plan on "eating in" often, make sure you get an "A" unit with the full kitchen. The "lockout" or "B" unit only has a mini fridge, sink, microwave, toaster, coffee maker and the necessary dishes and flatware.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank zoemeister
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My sisters and I take a "sister's trip" every year, rather than buy each other birthday or Christmas gifts - things that are no longer wanted nor needed. We decided we would rather spend the time together. This past week was our 2nd visit to the Royal Resorts and we LOVED the Haciendas. The service was impeccable - we were assigned to a first-floor room on arrival, and when we requested something higher up (we are all around 5 feet tall and couldn't see the water!!) they immediately moved us to a 4th floor penthouse unit. Everyone was sooo friendly, the food was wonderful and the drinks were generous. We even attended the Orientation and no one spoke a word about buying more timeshare!! Even when we did discuss it, the sales pitch was very soft-sell and comfortable. Our only complaints are that the hot tubs were not hot - actually cooler than the regular pools, the Murphy Beds definitely need more cushioning, and, if they are going All-Inclusive, they need to consider added a couple more restaurants. But overall it is a lovely resort and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane B
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Loved it so much my first visit two yrs ago I couldn't wait to come back. It definitely lmet my standards of excellence. From the cleanliness to the immaculately kept grounds I was impressed and extremely satisfied. The resort is perfect in size with many options for food and snacks. There is a grocery/convenience store on the grounds which is awesome. The rooms are clean, comfy and all have a view of the beach/pool. In conclusion, I am already planning my trip for next year and have no desire to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I was there between june 15 to 24 we had the best time of our lifes with my wife and daughter, the resort is beautiful! To the point that you do not want to go back home, the staff is great, the resort is located in a gated community with other resorts, location is excellent very close to fifth avenue, there is minimarket inside, restaurants, kids game room and more
2 days before leaving i "lost" my iphone 4s on our way to mamitas beach, i had to go back to the resort and start calling ATT to cancel the account and start changing passwords and all that...
I was a little sad because we had videos that we took at the resort with the phone...
We came back to Florida and a couple of weeks later i open my ipad and realized that i have 74 new contacts .... So i am wondering what the heck is this?
That's when I realized that the person who had my iphone in mexico was putting in his contacts including his mother's, mother in law, cousin and other phone numbers and because i never disabled i cloud i was getting a copy of whatever he was typing in, at that point the only people that crossed my mind that could help me was the staff from the royal haciendas so i did contact them sent a copy of all the contacts and 2 weeks later after a meticulous follow up from the security department from the royal haciendas they were able to catch the person who had my iphone which turns out was a taxi driver who bought it from another taxi driver, two of them were caught. Happy moment came when i finally received that phone call stating that they had the i phone back.
The i phone was recovered by the Royal Haciendas and then shipped back to me in Florida, i want to thank Francisco Villasenor and Ramon Vasquez for helping us to recover the phone and going out of their way and going the extra mile for us. They were so concerned since day one, i would recommend this Resort and their staff at any day, making their guests feel at home is their priority! We are already making plans to go back next year...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family