“Awesome vacation!”

The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #40 of 217 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I exchanged my membership that I own at the Royal Mayan. We stayed with family at the Royal Haciendas for week 35, beginning of September, like always, the Royal Resorts showed why they are the number one on the vacation ownership industry.
Cancun and playa del Carmen, with their white sandy beaches, turquoise warm waters, great infrastructure and friendly people, proved, why they are the number one tourist destination in the caribbean.
Our maid “Angelica”, bartenders, waiters, everybody do they job with a big and genuine smile.

The resort is very accommodating and I can not think of a better place for divers, their dive shop "Dive Balam" with their fantastic staff makes the diference!

Playa is a fascinating culinary experience and there is so much to do, I met people that have come for the past ten years and they still find something new to do.

Hopefully, you get to visit the Royal Haciendas and you get to love it, as much as I do!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Edwi_M
Write a ReviewReviews (3,958)

Reviewed 9 September 2012

I have traveled the world over and stayed at many timeshares and have never felt so restricted and intimidated. One of the men out front, Gary, (there 5 days out of my 7) approached me my first day there and demanded to know where I was going by taxi. When I politely told him I felt it was none of his business he became very angry and threatening! He said I HAD to tell him. No way! I live in a free country and refused to tell him. He was horrid, pacing back and forth, raising his voice to me. When I complained to the front desk, they were polite but told me I'd just have to write a complaint to the management. I doubt they received it. I understand the need for security (most definitely NOT Gary's concern) and I understand that they don't want you going to visit other timeshares (ostensibly his primary concern). But having someone like him out front ... the management is irresponsible to condone this type of behavior and I should have been directed to the hotel manager immediately. I kept seeing him almost every day and if looks could kill...it was very threatening. I was afraid of him. I will NEVER go near the place again. My vacation was ruined by one bad apple. I actually spoke with some other guests (couples) that had similar experiences with the same guy, although not quite as nasty. Too bad. It is really a beautiful resort and most of the other employees were nice. I kept thinking I wouldn't have been treated this way if I hadn't been alone. Ladies stay away!!

Room Tip: some other place, probably downtown Playa
Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
12  Thank Lee H
Camilo_Royal_Resorts, Community Manager at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear Guest:

At Royal Resorts we make every effort to ensure that our guests are satisfied with their stay. Occasionally, our guests are invited to attend timeshare presentations with outside companies. The personal concierges provide information to help guide our members and guests and let them know what they should expect from any timeshare sales presentation in the area. This service is intended to be non-intrusive and merely to clarify what may happen during the sales presentation in order to manage expectations.

We truly regret that you felt you were not attended properly by the concierge during your stay and have followed up with staff members to ensure such a situation does not recur.

Warm regards,
The Royal Haciendas Management

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Just returned from a 7 day stay at the RH and can not say one bad word about this place. We had a junior suite which was perfect for the two of us. After all since it is just the two of us and we are not bringing children with us I do not need a full kitchen, I'm on vacation and i do not want to cook in my room. The service at the RH is fantastic,from the front desk clerks the waiters or waitress, the maids, the laundry room attendent,everyone is just fab.Also want to mention the great view we had from our balcolony we could see all the pools and the beach and even see coszumel it was great.After reading one review I was a little concerned that our concierge would totally ignor us after refusing the time share but she still treated us nice her name was Betty. We just explained that at our age and the health problems that we did not fill it would be in our best interest to do a time share. They accepted this and did not pressure us into something that we really did not want. Hope they will still let us come back as just guest in this resort. when we started planning our vacation we had full intentions of doing everything that there is to do but after relaxing by the pool one day we switched things up and just mostly stayed at the resort by the pool and beach. this turned out to be the most relaxing vacation ever.Don"t get me wrong we did go into town a couple of nights for dinner and a walk,you cant go to playa and not experience the town. We also ferried over to coszumel for snorkeling.Prices at the little store are great. Also resturants have great prices. Love the pool bar, We do not drink but ordered drinks with no alcohol they were very good and at a very good price.The fact that they do not supply shampoo was not a problem I like to use my own anyway. To sum this all up this is a beautiful place and i would return fo a second visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sheryl m
Reviewed 8 September 2012

As an owner of a villa I was not as happy this year as I have been in the past. Little things were not taken care of as what I was used to at RH. Example: no shampoo was provided in the shower. I did not bring any with me as this had been provided before. Concierge was invisible except to give an invitation to parties and he was there at the party. When I cancelled an appointment meant to try to have me upgrade, I didn't see him again. Our week is just before the maintenance week so tents were set up on Friday nite on the beach for the employee party, which blocked our view of the beach area and water from our pool. Staff at the pool,in the store and elsewhere were excellent as always, in particular Omar at the pool bar. All were courteous and professional and the number who could speak English really impressed me. Overall we had a good experience but several little things were not up to par. Might seem silly but it just wasn't what I was used to from RH in the past. The biggest thing is my villa was unavailable as there was a water problem so we were put into another villa. When we arrived after a long Saturday with several delays there was no one to show us to our substitute villa, as had been promised in a phone call a week before our trip, to be sure it was what we wanted before we settled in....little things that might seem petty but not what we are used to from RH.

Room Tip: South side rooms do not get the hot afternoon sun into the villa
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This place is like a little heaven on earth. The resort is sooo clean, the staff is very helpful with everything and anything you need. You have a concierge assigned to you to help with booking of tours and anything you need. The room (we had a villa, this was an exchange of resort), was very clean, the maid came every day to clean everything and make the bed. My only complain would be that there are only 2 restaurants where you can eat at night and one of them is only opened 5 nights. The nearest town is about 10 minutes away with the car, so if you don't have a car you are stuck in the resort. The pools (which there are a bunch of them) are very clean, 2 of them have bars right inside the pool. The ocean is right at the end of the property, the water in the ocean is crystal clear and so warm. Definitely a place to visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms have some sort of ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mbarrile
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Husband and I are very satisfied at RH employees for treating us with such kindness! each one from front desk to women in the laundry room. OMG, so nice! this place was spotless! The food was good, grounds, pool, etc... immaculately clean. Simply the best place we have stayed at in a long time. We will return soon. Highly recommend RH.

Room Tip: Everything worked perfect for us! Immaculate!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisa c
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Just returned from a week at RH and agree with all the great reviews I read before we went. Everything was excellent and couldn't find fault with anything.All the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to make our stay wonderful. Rooms were very clean, property kept immaculate. Breakfast buffet was reasonable and delicious with many choices. We also had 2 dinner buffets that were excellent. Our last night we ate at Los Murales and it was superb in food, presentation and service. Our concierge Arturo also deserves mention as he is great at his job-- very friendly and accomodating. Recommend this resort to anyone

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple