We just returned from a two week stay at the Royal Haciendas. We own here, so we have been going for 5 years. As usual, we had a fabulous time! This year, the weather was perfect (October 27 to Nov. 9), so we chose to hang out on the beautiful beach almost very day. I is very easy to find a nice beach palapa at the Haciendas, ALL day long. No chair hogs here! We snorkeled right in front of the resort and saw lots of fish, live conchs, sting rays, and lots of coral. Snorkel gear is available to use for free at the resort' which is a nice bonus. We also kayaked for free right in front of the resort, which was a fun activity as well. The beach is a great walking beach. You can walk north to a cute bungalow type hotel that has a cool outdoor restaurant/bar for a fun cheap day trip experience. (Coco's Cabanas, about a 20 minute walk north). You can also walk south all of the way to Playa if you want. It's only about a 45 minute walk, and the walk is beautiful! You will find many beach massage places on your walks. Try one out! They are great, cheap, and a MUCH better deal than the spa on site. In my opinion, the spa at the Haciendas is way over priced for the Playa area.
The pool bar/beach bar menus are great! For a great price, you can get lunch on the beach or at the pool without having to leave your chair! Compared to other resorts we have been to, the prices are very good. Grouper fish sandwich with fries, only $10. Burger with fries, about the same price. Other resorts of this type charge in the range of $15-$20 for the same things, so you really are getting a value here. They also have a new drink of the day deal that offers 2 for one drinks all day long of the drink of the day. Great way to try to drinks! We loved this deal! :)
The villas are very nice, comfortable, clean and well taken care of.
The staff at the Haciendas is what makes this resort truly a 5* experience. They are simply the best! We look forward to seeing our Mexican friends at the resort every year! Please remember to tip them! They work very hard and deserve it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen