My husband and I shared a villa with friends and we had a most enjoyable experience. Quiet, European-style luxury and an efficient, unobtrusive staff made the stay a perfect vacation. All of the staff we came in contact with were friendly, eager to please, and courteous. Our concierge, Betty, checked in with us often to see to our needs, enquire of our health (she knew I had picked up a cold virus) and suggest activities. She handled all of our reservations and made excellent recommendations for things to see and do in Playa del Carmen and Puerto Morales as well as alternatives for transportation. Roberto from Thomas More recommended several interesting and varied tours. Azael and Anny were most gracious and generous with their time in answering our questions about ownership.
We took the shuttle into Playa del Carmen several times, but one can also grab a cab for 1400 pesos if the shuttle schedule isn't optimal. There was a full schedule of activities for all age groups. Zumba was energetic and fun, and the ladies discovered ceramic painting (backside of the towels/snorkel equipment/kayak rental desk in the newer phase of the complex) and met new friends while the guys headed off to more active adventures.
We had our morning coffee on the balcony, listening to the birds, watching the waves and keeping track of the cruise ships and cargo ships. Evenings after dinner were spent on the balcony in conversation with good friends, sharing good tequila, watching the ocean and gazing at Cozumel. Between breakfasts and bedtimes we snorkeled, kayaked, walked the beach, explored, shopped, ate great food, laughed, talked to the locals and to visitors from other countries and lounged in hammocks or chaises around the pools or on the beach, which has some of the most beautiful water in the world.
It was a wonderfully relaxing vacation, and we are looking forward to returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen