“Our second home!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Owings mills,maryland
“Our second home!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We became members from the first season the Haciendas opened and we love it! We have week 51 (Christmas week) and never feels crowded. We never have a hard time finding a chaise and the pools never feel crowded. Our villa is always super clean and the staff are the kindest I have ever met. The resort is beautiful and the staff is always working on fixing anything that needs repairs. The grounds are impeccably manicured. We have been coming here for 8 years and will be coming back fir many, many more!! Shhh..don't tell anyone how great it is...we don't want it to get any more crowded!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Periojustin1967

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (994)
  • Greek first
Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I've stayed with friends at the other Royal Resorts in Cancun, which prompted me to look at the Royal Haciendas. We couldn't resist it's charm and have returned for several years now! I like it's location better than the others in Cancun proper, because it is further down the coast which maintains a more "natural" setting with restrictions on building height and any overall visual manmade encroachments. It's amazing to me that there are these hidden gems in the area despite looking like there is nothing surrounding you and your resort!! It definitely gives you a relaxed, get-away-from-it-all feel, yet with luxuries and comforts of a premier resort.

The resort is right up on the beach and being across from the island of Cozumel it maintains a "calmer" beach which lends itself to friendlier beach and water activities. Swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, jet skiing, sailing, boating all are easily accessible from the beautiful Haciendas beaches. Of course I am charmed enough just by plopping down with my favorite read on a chaise lounge underneath a beach palapa with regular visits from a friendly waiter who even remembers me (and my preferences) from year to year. There is also beach volleyball and other beach activities which can be signed out at the activities center by one of the the nearby pools.

The pools are amazing and among my favorites in the world! Swim up bars, infinity ledges, sunning platforms that hold the beach chaise at just the right height at water level...and of course lap pools that also serve as water polo and water volleyball pools, children's pools (complete with led activities) and large hot tubs in general (along with the individual jacuzzis on each villa's patio/deck!) There are water falls and fountains that keep things moving as well as beautiful tile work which is lovely to look at while "bopping" around or sitting on the ledge edge with drink in hand. There are also many "hammock pavilions" around the property...so fun, relaxing and comfy and very popular!!

The rooms are spacious, well decorated and supplied with daily room service! They are gorgeous in and of themselves without all of the other amenities the resort has to offer. Having full kitchens with granite countertops and the latest appliances allows you to cook, bake or bartend your own concoctions and even the studio rooms have the best mini-kitchen I've ever seen for an accommodation of that size. The bathrooms are also spacious with good lighting and storage space, and the showers are spacious and beautiful too. Every aspect of your day has been thought about and designed to be one of luxury and ease!!

Food and drinks are available everywhere with an array of restaurant options, walk-up/swim-up bars and 24 hour room service! The chicken lime soup is my son's favorite and he orders it almost every day that we're there. Nothing has ever compared anywhere else in the world. And that's saying something! I am partial to the amazing fish tacos. Of course there is always the Palapa that is right on the beach and serves an amazing buffet and a la carte choices. Go there right when you check in for a meal to feel you have "arrived" right on the beach...you'll have to pinch yourself a few times before you believe you're not dreaming.

The staff is very friendly and hospitable. English is spoken well, although Spanish is welcomed! Spanish classes are even offered as an activity during the time of your stay if you wish to take a break from the sun and expand your repertoire. Activities are also offered for all ages, abilities and interests on the resort properties, as well as having an A-one travel agency on site to arrange your airport transportation and many wonderful guided trips or excursions throughout the Yucatan peninsula. The hotel is situated very close to many of the most popular day-trip destinations, giving you even more options and flexibility. There are tennis courts on site too, as well as a renowned golf course. Something for everyone for sure.

I could go on and on about the various aspects of the resort, but I shall save them for specific reviews. If you are thinking about a beach resort that has it all, this is it. It is set apart, in my opinion, by it's guest satisfaction and return clientele. It has a very loyal employee program as well as the resort line is the best in the business about treating the staff and their families with courtesy and respect as much as the clients. Win/win, as it shows in the satisfaction and happiness of the staff! Would you ever want anything less? I think it also reflects on the integrity Royal Resorts has as a company and on the integrity and quality of care you will receive on every level. It has certainly been the case with us which keeps us coming back year after year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Wanderbunny
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Our week at Royal Haciendas was terrific. We had the all inclusive program as part of our time share exchange and used room service a lot for drinks. Service was excellent as were the wines, beer and cocktails that are included in the daily price. We ate dinner every night but one at Los Murales which was quite good. However, the menu is the same every night and gets a bit old after a few dinners. I wish they had daily specials to make the menu more interesting. Service and ambience were fantastic there. We had dinner only once at Las Palapas and found the buffet and menu rather uninspired and the service mediocre. Pools are fantastic and I loved the daily water aerobics.

1 Thank edieann
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards.
Naperville
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This fairly large resort (500+ units) does a wonderful job of giving you "space" - I've never had trouble getting beach or poolside lounges. The views are amazing. The beach is very good ... not as incredible as Cancun, but there are tradeoffs for getting the spacious pools and grounds, gorgeous landscaping, and lengthy beachfront. Bring pool shoes (though we do fine without.) If you can, rent directly from an owner and you can skip all-inclusive. If you go through travel site or RCI or Interval, you'll need to do the all-inclusive. There are 2 restaurants - one on the beach with buffet and menu, and one upscale, and two pool bar/restaurants open during the day. The main "Rotunda" bar serves meals all day and of course there's room service. I've eaten at all and choose to dine here many times during our stay. Really quite good food throughout. For resort food, they do an excellent job. Personally, I like having the option to dine in Playa del Carmen and whip up some of our eats in our unit - huge 2 bedrooms, sleeps 8 with gorgeous full kitchen. Great location near to Playa del Carmen and many of the beaches and cenotes. Sorry to return to reality.

Room Tip: Top floors have higher ceilings. Many units have beach view. The construction is solid and you very...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rather_B_Cycling
Brigham City, Utah
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The staff of the Royal Haciendas really do make this our best week of the year!

Yes, our ground-floor villa (complete with a direct view of the beach & ocean, our own front yard, and a jetted tub on the patio) is absolute perfection; the beach, surf, sun, pools, and landscaping cannot be improved upon; and the temps even in December are sheer ambrosia, the sun's warmth penetrating my aching bones will be remembered all winter long (unfortunately, we came home to snow!). I tend to insomnia but for week 49 at the Haciendas, I slept like a baby and it was only with the morning sun peaking in through the drapes that I awoke. Dare I say that I just checked and we have only to wait another 355 days until we check in next December?! And speaking of ambrosia, the happy hour drinks delivered oceanside (or poolside) are just what the doctor ordered. Never once did we have to search for lounge chairs either at the beach or poolside.

If you like to cook the suites and villas have a full kitchen waiting for you while the studios have a mini kitchen with basically all appliances except an oven, just smaller. The Royal Market is a handy way to purchase the basics if you don't want to spend time in Playa del Carmen at the Mega or WalMart: the Market much more convenient, though pricier than the Playa grocery stores, but that's what vacation time is all about!. And if you don't want to cook, then by all means take advantage of the Hacienda's all inclusive program (required if you're not a member or coming in with a member). There are enough dining options that you won't get bored; room service is available; and you won't be doing dishes!

And for divers or want-a-be divers! Royal Haciendas has a full-service dive shop with two dive boats awaiting you! Don't have your PADI certification? No problem! They offer the complete dive certification program not just the 'resort' certificate that other resorts issue (and that will not be recognized back in the US). Be safe and dive with Dive Balam! Unfortunately we don't dive often enough to particpate anymore, but this was the only dive group who I felt comfortable diving with, especially after some of the 'antics' of other dive shops.. Dive with experienced professionals with Dive Balam and you'll have a safe and unforgetable underwater experience!

But really, my kudos go to the staff members who are the ones who make us feel that we're at home home and yes, even a little special! Everyone is delightfully friendly and helpful. Leo, our personal concierge this year, was an absolute gem and responded to all of our questions plus invited us to the best member taco party south of the Rio Grande. Our concierge from two years ago (we missed last year), Dean, spotted us on Friday walking through the lobby and ran over to say hello and to check how our vacation was going even though he's now a part of the sales staff. In all of our travels have we never been treated with such genuine thoughtfullness and just plain friendship as we have at the Royal Haciendas.

Our housekeeper was pleasant, efficient, and wonderfully unobtrusive: I hope everyone who stays at the Royal Haciendas rewards their housekeeper royally, especially those on the AI since tips are included but housekeeping's exceptional service should be additionally rewarded. Housekeepers at the Royal Haciendas make our vacations absolutely special, especially when you consider that other resorts (including other 5 star resorts that we own with though I won't name names) charge extra for daily service. At the Royal Haciendas, AI guests get an evening turndown visit along with daily cleaning on Sundays and holidays. I like to read nonfiction of England's midevil society and this is the closest we'll ever come to having members of the privy chamber standing by to respond to our every need, so we must recompense their services appropriately!

We've never regretted becoming a member of the Royal Resorts thankx to the nicest and best sales professional you will ever meet, Jose Romerez, now at the Royal Sands in Cancun. He was the wizard who originally invited us to join the Royal Hacienda family while the resort was still being built, and then two years ago he used his magic wand to combine our two separate, every-other-year contracts into the same unit but as a full villa not just the suite, for the same week (December's week 49) every year. We own also with the Marriott and with Hilton, but never have we been treated so 'royally' as by Jose Romerez and the Royal Resorts.

My advice to anyone looking for a special place to visit on the Riviera Maya is, choose the Royal Haciendas. And don't be adverse to becoming a member: remember, Royalty has it's advantages!!

Room Tip: Units overlooking the pools and pool bars may be noisier though the Luna & Sol bars close early...
2 Thank Lorienbaskets
Herriman, Utah
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This was our first time at the Royal Haciendas. We are not owners so we had to use the all inclusive program. I was worried about previous reviews about not receiving the same quality of service as members. However, our experience was the opposite. I didn't mind tipping them "extra" as I feel they did their job well and made our vacation enjoyable. The people were all very friendly.

The unit was clean and the beach and pools were perfect! I thought the food would get boring after eating it day after day on the all inclusive, but each night the buffet had a different theme night.

The only negative was the internet wi-fi. Although I didn't go on vacation to be on the internet, my older kids had problems with connectivity on their ipads to connect with their friends. The few times I tried to do a little holiday shopping, I experienced the same problem.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at Royal Haciendas.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
bc,ut
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Back again after missing last year, the place is just as awesome as ever. We eat breakfast at the buffet and found the food great with enough varity for anyone, and it was all good to great. The pool bars have chips and salsa during happy hour that was great. All staff went out of their way to be helpful. The groundskeepers were always making sure ever tree and palm looked perfect. The market had a good selection of food and drink, from fresh fruits/veggies to frozen meats and drinks of all kinds. At no time does the resort feel crowded, never had to search hard for a beach chair or poolside lounger. Front desk people are always professional and helpful, never rush anyone through the process. We will start the watch for airfares for next year!!

Room Tip: We love our ground floor unit, the east facing units get morning sun, but by 11:30, the shade comes...
1 Thank lorienborzoi