My friends own a time share at RH, and I stayed there the first week of March. I've been twice before to Mexico. once to Cancun and once to Cozumel. Based on those two experiences, I wasn't keen on going back, but I did, and am so happy! The location is less than 3 miles from the bustle of 5th Avenue (which I love/hate, but the hotel shuttle makes multiple trips each day ($3.00 US dollars each way. Be warned - it drops you off in the lot of a jewelry store through which you must run the gauntlet to reach the street.)
The propery has a couple of restaurants (both good, but see my review of Los Murales, there are better high end restaurants in town) a grocery store (a tad high priced, $10 US dollars for a pint of Haagen Daaz,) and a gym (for a fee.) There is a kiddie pool, a lap pool, and a community pool with a swim up bar. There are several shady places with hammocks. You are steps away from a beautiful beach, with lounge chairs and shady huts, if you so desire.
The rooms themselves aren't swank - they could use some new furniture - but that is a small squabble. They were very comfortable, quite clean, and functional. Microwaves and fridges in all, and in the larger units a full sized kitchen,
There is a grill at the community pool, where you can get lunch and drinks. There are one or two daily 2-for-1 drink specials. There is also a full staff of hard-working folks who will come by your chair and ask if you need anything.
The staff - hard to describe how awesome they are. They seem genuinely glad to have you and to serve you. I felt welcome all week.
There are lots of daily activities for adults and kids (water aerobics, Bingo, volley ball, etc.) There are also 3 or 4 shows at night. All are welcome, no fee.
When I return - and I will - I will do my best to stay here.
My one caveat - you don't spend money here. You are given a card at the beginning of the trip, and you use if for every purchase. It is very easy to run up an impressive bill!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen