This is our fifth annual trip to this wonderful resort. We keep coming back because it is so beautiful, the staff is friendly without being obsequious, the rooms are nice and the activities suit our needs. I enjoy the daily morning yoga followed by Pilates, Zumba, or water aerobics. There are multiple pools, including kitty pools for the little ones and lap pools for swimmers. For the younger crowd there is beach volleyball. They also have an on-site scuba school and equipment such as kayaks and flippers for guests. My husband just stays in the shade and reads. There is a good mix of ages among the guests. If you don't like birds, don't come here! The gorgeous landscaping attracts lots of birds. This morning I saw a beautiful hummingbird. Last year I took the 'behind the scenes' tour of the reverse osmosis water purification system and saw the impressive staff area. We visited a classroom where practical English was being taught to employees. We see the same people from year to year, so it seems they are good employers. Royal Haciendas is probably not a good choice for Spring Breakers who are looking for nightlife. It is an all-inclusive, so vacationers who like to eat at different restaurants in the nearby cities might not find it to be a good value. Like many Riviera Maya resorts, Royal Haciendas is a timeshare, so expect sales staff to be around. This has never bothered us because the sales staff seem very professional. The closest town is Playa del Carmen. The resort has a special arrangement with certain taxis to take vacationers to and from town for $3 each way. Royal Haciendas is very close to Tulum, a beautiful Mayan ruin with a lovely beach. On-site travel agent and car rental are very convenient. There is also a spa, but we have never used it. If you can avoid the Cancun airport on the weekends, try to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen